PDA

View Full Version : Identifying the ULT on/off

MarkMiller
01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I bought a Tac 1 with ULT.

It came with the original on/off.
When I shot it it RT'd quite fast. Does the ULT response?

How can I identify the ULT on/off vs the Stock Xvalve on/off?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

MAGpie
01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
I bought a Tac 1 with ULT.

It came with the original on/off.
When I shot it it RT'd quite fast. Does the ULT response?

How can I identify the ULT on/off vs the Stock Xvalve on/off?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark, try tightening the thumb screw on the grip frame just a tad and give it another try.

As for how to ID the two, well, the ULE on/off assembly has two main body parts that screw into each other. This is where you insert the ULE shims. The stock on/off assembly is a solid unit. Well, minus of course the pin, O-rings etc.

reckid1986
01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
the stock on/off splits in half too. the easiest way to tell the difference is while the on/off is in the valve the pin on the stock on/off is about 1/16th and the ULT pin is about 1/8th with a very small hole in the center.

if you take it out here is a pic of the 2.
ULT is on the left
RT/Emag on the right(rt/emag are the same just different length pins)

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/reckid1986/P1020308.jpg

MarkMiller
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Perfect, thanks guys.

The installed one is in fact the ULT, the RT one is in the kit

:cheers:

athomas
01-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi Mark. How goes the battle? I have some parts kicking around for mags if you need anything. If you get stumped on anything give me a call. You have my number or can get it from Bruce.

Andy Thomas
Tippinator

athomas
01-19-2011, 10:03 PM
If the ULT is rapid firing uncontrollably or going full auto, it usually indicates that there are too many shims installed. You can reduce the number of shims to reduce the amount of response you get. Too few shims, however, can cause short stroking due to the longer distance needed to push the sear and the low force provided by the air pressure on the small ULT pin.