PDA

View Full Version : Freak barrel boring?

OPBN
01-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Since I seem to be unsuccessful in finding a twistlock freak back, does anyone know if a standard twistlock barrel can be bored to accept freak inserts? I am thinking that the nubbins may pose an issue....

Redic
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
i belive by doing that to a twist lock you will destroy the striking facr of the barrel ( what the spring sits against)

vf-xx
01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Since I seem to be unsuccessful in finding a twistlock freak back, does anyone know if a standard twistlock barrel can be bored to accept freak inserts? I am thinking that the nubbins may pose an issue....

I think I can find you a twistlock, freak back. didn't I give you the contact info for my local store? I could have sworn that they had one.

vf-xx
01-20-2011, 02:53 PM
i belive by doing that to a twist lock you will destroy the striking facr of the barrel ( what the spring sits against)

Nah, Twistlock freaks are backwards. They're bored from the front, and you have to remove the tip to switch inserts.

OPBN
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
I think I can find you a twistlock, freak back. didn't I give you the contact info for my local store? I could have sworn that they had one.
ProEdge was who you gave me right? I emailed them and they responded that they no longer had one.

OPBN
01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
How so? They make twistlock freak backs. Do they bore through the front on TW backs? If I found a 2 pc I liked, I wonder if it could be used?

vf-xx
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, phooey. I can't believe they actually sold that locally.

I'd get in touch with Super Stanchy on MCB.

A 2 piece twistlock should be able to be bored from the front of the back half.

Redic
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
How so? They make twistlock freak backs. Do they bore through the front on TW backs? If I found a 2 pc I liked, I wonder if it could be used?

A 2 pc would work

i was just saying that a normal (twist lock) barrel could not be used

i own two twist lock backs so i know how they work