PDA

View Full Version : Bolt cycle time question.

hill160881
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Does any one know how long the level 10 bolt takes to complete a cycle with the gold bolt spring?

cockerpunk
01-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Does any one know how long the level 10 bolt takes to complete a cycle with the gold bolt spring?

shot at 1200 fps, so if you time it, you can figure out how long the lvl 10 took

http://www.punkworkspaintball.com/index.php?p=7&id=30

i did it one time, but im forgetting the number.

BigEvil
01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
The lowest ive ever been able to get the dwell on an electro mag was 6ms. That would mean that the sear would have to move in a complete cycle in order for the bolt not to ride the top of it. So if that's any indication, it has to be around there...

cockerpunk
01-21-2011, 11:16 AM
The lowest ive ever been able to get the dwell on an electro mag was 6ms. That would mean that the sear would have to move in a complete cycle in order for the bolt not to ride the top of it. So if that's any indication, it has to be around there...

my rule of thumb is double the dwell, but that is on ture EP guns, which the emag is not.

my bet on the emag cycle time would be around 18 ms. maybe a hair under, but its not a fast cycling gun.

hill160881
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks. thats pretty fast.

Spider-TW
01-21-2011, 03:46 PM
my rule of thumb is double the dwell, but that is on ture EP guns, which the emag is not.

my bet on the emag cycle time would be around 18 ms. maybe a hair under, but its not a fast cycling gun.
I thought there was some TK post about the recharge on the RT valve being around 25 to 30 msec, with the bolt cycle being added on to that. :confused:

I'm thinking it was in the RT effect posts.

I set my ep classic dwell at 10 msec. For the level 10, keeping the sear down is helpful. On a classic level 7 or a 10 with a soft spring, they can usually reset even when the sear is dragging the bolt a little. Obviously, RT valves will bind more from the stronger on/off pin forces. If it doesn't cost too much in battery power and solenoid heating, you can crank a mag dwell up as long as the total cycle time meets your needs. It's not like you loose any air.