PDA

View Full Version : My New (To Me) Automag RT

mercury
02-11-2002, 08:28 PM
Well, I just got the used Automag RT that I spoke of a few days ago, for those who remember. It is so awesome to hold and look at. I just can't wait to fire it. One thing happened though, that I would like to ask about. My friend had about 500 psi left in one of his tanks so I decided to screw it in and try to get a few dry fires. Well, all of the gas just leaked out of the marker, even when I tried pulling the trigger. I'm guessing that it just wasn't enough pressure to seat everything. Am I wrong to make that assumption? Just wondering. I guess I'll just have to wait until Thursday when the local field opens up so I can fill my tanks. Then, if I have a problem, I'll look more into it.

By the way, is the serial number supposed to be stamped anywhere on the actual marker, or just the two places on the valve assembly? Also, is there anyway to tell the age of the marker. I'm thinking this one is somewhat older, but I'm not positive. Thanks in advance for any feedback. You guys have been very helpful already.

ah137
02-11-2002, 09:40 PM
yes you are right, the operating pressure is around 800psi, so if you don't have that the reg will not seat, which is why the marker just leaked. Also you want to make sure you apply, a quick burst of air, if you slowly turn the air on you can also run into problems, if this happens pull the trigger, but make sure the barrel plug is in.

Later Hills