PDA

View Full Version : X valve pissing

93klauss
01-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Got a problem my x valve is pissing out the side right across from the air input. Any ideas why ? Will not charge to activate trigger! thanks

going_home
01-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Got a problem my x valve is pissing out the side right across from the air input. Any ideas why ? Will not charge to activate trigger! thanks

Sounds like its the on/off to me.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7C_1nufgDmU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

;)

93klauss
01-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds like its the on/off to me.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7C_1nufgDmU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

;)

The on off valve is not even being activated, or being charged. trigger has no affect.
could it be the reg valve Pin?

Ando
01-29-2011, 12:03 PM

Out of the bleed hole? Open up the valve halves and see if your reg seat orings are still in good shape (31 & 34) also ck to see if your reg seat holder (32) is right side up.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/jbonot/AGD%20Tech%20Support/xvalveexplodedff7.gif

SockMonkey
01-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I recently acquired a x-valve that sat un-used for several years. I oiled the heck out of it, just to find it leaking from that side bleed hole. After a quick search it turned out to be the reg pin assembly, I just oiled the hell out of that too, been ripping fine ever since.

athomas
01-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Regulator seat orings will cause a leak out the back. Not your problem.

A piece of dirt on one of the two front orings on the regulator valve pin assembly will cause this leak out the side hole across from the inlet.

Another side leak (the back section of the valve) is a result of a bad regulator oring around the regulator piston assembly. Clean the back half of the valve and check this oring. Replace if necessary. Its usually necessary once a leak starts, but sometimes you get lucky and get rid of a piece of dirt that was causing the problem.

I think the bleed hole you are talking about is the first suggestion.

athomas
01-30-2011, 04:22 PM
As for the valve not charging, that sounds like bolt stick. Remove the powertube shims. Install the largest carrier that does not produce a leak. Always use the same white powertube carrier oring when checking carrier sizes. Once you find the correct carrier, the bolt will reset properly and allow the trigger to reset.

koleah
02-01-2011, 03:17 AM
x valve is pissing out the side

Don't use urine as a lube.

Ando
02-01-2011, 07:52 AM
:clap: :rofl:

Bad koleah, bad, bad koleah... :hail:

After further exploratory surgery on my own valve. Athomas is right, the hole is further up the valve. Someone down in my neck of the woods had the same type of leak and we swapped out one of his reg seat oring but we also pulled the reg valve pin assy to ck it's oring which were fine. I guess by re-seating the valve pin it fixed itself. Clean out the orifice before you reinstall it if nothing is wrong with the orings that is. Could be a bit of dirt causing the leak.

93klauss
02-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys for all the help. got it firing. Now have to wait for the o ring to wear in to get the rt effect.

Thanks Again