PDA

View Full Version : What kind of gun is this?

magking1971
02-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Just trying to win a contest and I thought I could use the vast knowlge on this forum for help.
Thanks!

lopxtc
02-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Looks like a modified bush-master SI.

Aaron

Snooky
02-11-2002, 09:05 PM
I have never seen this gun before but an old apg would probally be helpful or a local shop may know. But i bet someone on the forum knows. Good luck!

Doobie
02-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Looks a lot like a early nightmare. They used the standard nelson grips and had a "breech" style CO2 port. That's my guess.

If i'm right i get half the prize!:D

billmi
02-11-2002, 09:53 PM
That is an Eagle, manufactured by Brass Eagle. The Eagle was the first gravity fed semi-auto paintgun to be mass manufactured.

Basically it was a blowback version of the Nightmare pump with the Hammer and bolt linked together. It's direct descendant - several years later was the Stingray, but a number of paintguns, including the Montneel Z and Mirage were also based off of that valve structure.

The Eagle used the same aluminum receiver extrusion as the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th production generation Nightmare pumps.

This is one paintgun I would love to have in my collection, they are about impossible to find because they were recalled by Brass Eagle. Their problem was they only really worked right in a narrow temperature range (a problem easily solved today with HPA and regulators). Brass Eagle was very generous in the recall, crediting the customer toward the purchase of competitor's paintguns.

This was, of course back when Brass Eagle was a Canadian company owned by Aldo Perrone. The year was 1988, and I test fired an Eagle at Gramps 'n Grizzly's before the recall.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

magking1971
02-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Thank you all for the help! I'll use all the answers and see what happens;)