PDA

View Full Version : Foamiezzz!!!

fhawkeye
02-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I've shot 3 foamies out of my gun in the past month, what type of glue is recommended to keep those suckers in there longer? krazy glue doesn't cut it :(

Ando
02-03-2011, 10:04 PM
The one thing that really worked for me is Epoxy. Make sure you cover about 1/4 of the bottom walls of the foamie with the epoxy. The last one I did stayed on for over a year and then shot off eventually. I never replaced it again, didn't have any issues so i left it off. :rolleyes:

DevilMan
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
It's more about the prep than the glue I think. Clean the area with carb cleaner/alcohol really well after running a dremel or sand paper over the area if you have em. Just get a finger nail file one and scuff it up. Do the same for the foamie/rubber. I would use the black RTV sealant from the auto store. I've never had to glue one back in yet, but I have thought of doing it on a few of my venturi bolts that don't have em and that's what my intention is. The main thing is to make sure it has a good solid hold to the metal. Not just the foamie.

DM

hill160881
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
^^^^^^^
I use fingernail polish remover to clean both surfaces, the foamy and the bolt, and gorilla super glue and i am 20,000+ and same foamy

Newt
02-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Trim the tabs on the paintball side. That's what the air grabs. We had one that shot foamies no matter what glue we used. Trimmed those tabs, and it's still using the same one.

matto235
02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Once said foamies have been shot into oblivion were does one acquire more? I can't find anything anywhere.

Justus
02-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Once said foamies have been shot into oblivion were does one acquire more? I can't find anything anywhere.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=441&categoryID=23

^^^^
There.