PDA

View Full Version : Spectra question

Wang
02-11-2002, 09:02 PM
this isn't really a tech question, but is there a way to remove the bottom section of the JT spectra? You know, the part that goes over the mouth? I have an old hard one, and I don't seem to be able to get it off.

iisp0tii
02-11-2002, 09:23 PM
no you cant because its attatched to the frame for the lens.

SoupRman
02-11-2002, 10:02 PM
not really familiar with the spectras. but my flex-7 has a screw int eh bottom corner on each side of the bottom peice. and the bottom part of the mask is connected to the actual mask part by plastic sort of push pin things that you can just pull it off. and put it on with a little effort.

MikeCouves
02-12-2002, 07:12 PM
Yeah I can fully disassemble my JT IZE very easily. One second I will check about the Spectra...

Edit:

Here's a picture of the regular Spectra:

http://paintball.about.com/library/graphics/aa102199.jpg

It looks like you can detatch it from the lens down, other than that I don't think you can, but I can make sure with my friends mask.

Load SM5
02-12-2002, 09:19 PM
I replaced an old spectra lower with a Flex-7 lower so you most definately can. You unscrew it from the ear pieces. And it pops loose from the goggles.

krafty
02-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Unscrew the corners from the earpieces (it helps to use pliers or something to grip the back portion of the metal piece). The mask is held to the lens frame with four posts... just pull down and it'll pop off. Piece of cake!

Wang
02-12-2002, 09:37 PM
oh..wow. that was a lot easier than I thought. Thanks everyone.