PDA

View Full Version : Angel owner ditching WDP for AGD??? could it be??

Cliffio
02-11-2002, 09:20 PM
hehe, yes yes ive decided that im selling the angel and gonna try an emag, but i got a bunch of questions, humor me here, i know ive been here for a while but i dont know squat about emags,

My questions are about the SFL and Extereme Emags

ok, when do the sfl's come out in full force? are they already out yet? where can i find them? do they have ACE? if not will i be able to get free ace upgrade? where can i find lots of pics? and they are aluminum right? so i can have them anodized cause i gotta have some cool color, Also tell me about the Extreme, what do those look like? are there any pictures? when will those be avaliable??

im sure many of u know these answers but i dont, please share the wealth and help me figure out what to sell my angel for.

please let me know
thanks
Cliff

headcase
02-11-2002, 09:42 PM
The SFL's were released in limited numbers at the world cup. I think there were only 50 or so released. AGD will not give BBT any more bodies until the Extreme is released in full force. www.buyshocktech.com has the SFL's on the site, as well as contact info to the BBT stores, which is your best way to see if any are still available.

Yes the SFL's and the Extremes are aluminum bodied so annoing them won't be a problem. And yes if you get your hands on a SFL AGD will upgrade it with the ACE for free, you will just have to get in line. I beleve they are only doing them in limited numbers currently.

The Extreme's release date is still unknow to the pubic, TK has said it won't be released until it can shoot any paint out there. The extreme body is much blockier than the SFL because AGDE designed it with extra metal to be milled off, give the end user more custom options. They are also working on the C+C which will be the factory mill version.

As far as pics go, there are a lot of them out there. On this forum, as well as the Mag forums on Paintball City, and Paintball Nation. I'd give you some more help but I'm going to bed in a min so I'll just put up a pic of the stock extreme body.

Cliffio
02-11-2002, 09:45 PM
WOW

thats ugly, and i can get that milled right?

hmm wonder if its deep enough for ripper milling?

Load SM5
02-11-2002, 09:49 PM
There's a lot of material to play with. So milling should'nt be that big an issue. Check out the shocktech website for SFL pics. E-mail me if you want to see a half a dozen pics of mine.

headcase
02-11-2002, 09:51 PM
I really don't like it either, I'm really hoping the C+C comes out nice after anno.

Yeah it can be milled, Manike has commented on the "how deep the milling can go issue" a couple of times, and basicly some areas have lots of extra metal, so don't have so much. As far as the ripper goes, Jim does amazing work, but I wouldn't bet on a Ripper Extreme the CnC programing time just wouldn't be worth it to him. I read somewhere that he still hasn't made a profit on the Angel Ripper's yet, and there have been what 15-20 of those made.

I'm out for the night.

Cliffio
02-11-2002, 09:53 PM
yeah your right, he hasnt, but maybe just maybe i could get it, i mean THAT would be freakin great
aw well, prolly wont happen with the ripper milling, might try it tho

nobody better steal my idea

BlackVCG
02-11-2002, 10:26 PM
Here's the SFL so you can compare milling on it to the standard Xtreme.

The standard Xtreme has lots of room to play with for milling. There will be the C&C Xtreme debuting at the same time as the standard model, so that will be something to look into. As of now I think all SFL's are sold out and they won't make anymore until AGD gets done with all of the updates.

ALL Xtreme based guns will have the ACE and new updates that are in R&D right now to put the ball breakage level below any other gun. I believe the new board revision allows up to 21bps in E-Mode.

udtseal
02-12-2002, 07:07 AM
It cracks me up that they put the shocktech micro drop on there, but you cant get the battery off when that is on the gun!!! lol!

Otherwise, wow Im shocked Cliff!! :) Welcome!!

Load SM5
02-12-2002, 07:23 AM
Actually Udtseal, you can with that drop. They milled away some of the dovetail mounting rail so the battery comes right off after you slide it down a few inches.

cphilip
02-12-2002, 07:24 AM
Man Cliffio!!!!! I am glad I was sitting down when I read this. I am just well...astounded! I sure hope you have a good experience. I wish I was near enough to you to let you try mine. Good stuff here. A convert!!!! And a big one too! Man...please let this be a good experience for Cliffio.

Manuel_FZR
02-12-2002, 07:42 AM
Hey Cliffio, I know what your plan is:
You want to have both; the c&c Xtreme and the c&c ir3 - am I right? ;)
This two would be really gorgeous ones in a marker collection :D

Cliffio
02-12-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Manuel_FZR
Hey Cliffio, I know what your plan is:
You want to have both; the c&c Xtreme and the c&c ir3 - am I right? ;)
This two would be really gorgeous ones in a marker collection :D

I WISH, im way to broke for that:) im in college and i dont have near that much cash

ive shot emags before and they are ok, it just kinda like shooting a stock black angel, its ok but u know there are better ones out there, so i think ill be getting an extreme, im not a big fan of the sfl, altho its not TOO bad

anyways, yup im gonna try it and see how it works out

gmag
02-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Could it be!? The staunch Angel defender switching over to AGD? Good for you, man. I'm sure you'll be happy.

Cliffio
02-12-2002, 11:00 AM
i hope so, i still wont be able to bad mouth em tho:)
cause i still love taht good ol angel

headcase
02-12-2002, 12:19 PM
The funny thing is I'm thinking about doing the exact opposite. I have an E-mag, and I really want a C+C Extreme, but with no release date in sight, I'm really thinking about an IR3, not so much because its an Angel, but I think the space grip might help my wrist from being so sore after a days worth of play.

I don't know, I love my E-mag, and the C+C looks great, but I don't know how long I can hold out before buying a new marker, I almost ordered an Excal the other day on a whim.

*shakes head in confusion*

Cliffio
02-12-2002, 12:27 PM
i know thats the thing, ill have the money soon and i really want a dark ir3

so i gues we'll have to wait and see, if there is no extreme in sight i might have to go with the dark ir3

we'll have to wait and see

RT_Luver
02-12-2002, 12:54 PM
Yo Cliff,I'mnot you,But if I was.I'd w8 till the Extreme cuz It'll have ACE.I'm sure you know or not But i dont THINK the ir3's do.Te extreme's SHOULD be out soon.LETS HOPE:rolleyes:

MajorDamage
02-12-2002, 12:56 PM
Heya! Thats great! More Maggots the better!!! I enjoy this, its great lol :D

ENDO!

Cliffio
02-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver
It'll have ACE.I'm sure you know or not But i dont THINK the ir3's do.

actaully the ir3s do have COPS which is the same thing, only its based on weight and not detection using an "eye"