PDA

View Full Version : R/T ONn/off in Classic Valve leaking

pinkanese
02-08-2011, 11:28 PM
A classic valve I have came to me with an r/t on/off in it, and up to now it has been working. lat time I had it out it started leaking between the valve body and rail (as in not down the barrel and not out the back). I assumed it to be the on/off but I replaced all the origns in that and its still leaking. Any ideas?

athomas
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
If the on-off is leaking it would be one of the two lower orings. It is either the small urethane inner oring in the recess of the bottom section, or the larger urethane oring around the outside of the lower section.

Make sure its not leaking out the side hole. This would indicate a piece of dirt in one of the two orings separated by the split ring on the front of the valve pin assembly. Edit: Ignore this bit. This is for a retro valve not a classic valve.

reckid1986
02-11-2011, 06:09 PM
im having similar trouble with mine right now it was working when it was warm but now its leaking in the same spot, i thought it was my macroline fitting but ive switched it out 3 times and replaced the complete on/off with another one and swapped o rings, Im lost too.

reckid1986
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I put about 10 drops of oil in the macro fitting on the valve, and about 5 in the on/off hole, aired it up and dry fired it for a little bit and the leak slowly got smaller and now it stopped, so oil, and a little break in with the new orings should do the trick...