PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Maggots!

Enhander
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
To my fellow Mag owners,

I come to you today with a small request. Our team is sponsored by FLASC Paintball. For those who do not know what FLASC is, they are an amazing barrel company stationed out of Canada. Their barrels are cost effective and offer a LARGE variety of customization to fit your needs. Our team works very closely with FLASC in their Research and Development.

After getting several requests from some of the subscribers on our YouTube channel and getting the OK from FLASC, I pose a question to you:

Would you be interested in buying a FLASC AutoMag Twist lock barrel? At present, not many companies that I can think of still produce a twist lock, but I know there are many of us that have a Mag that accepts twist lock barrels.

If the barrel was cost effective, ($25-$35 perhaps) would you be interested in buying it?

If we get enough interest, FLASC will make a run of twist lock automag barrels. FLASC barrels are extremely accurate and comparable to many main stream barrels. The best thing is that you wont be breaking your bank account to get one.

Please post up here if you would be interested. I will be posting this on MCB as well. Like I said, if there is interest, FLASC will make them!

Check FLASC out at http://flascpaintball.com

Thanks guys!
~Enhander

BigEvil
02-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Those are some very nice barrels!

So the question is, would this be a small bore, large bore, or would they offer multi size bores? I assume it would be a full one peice barrel and not something in kit form.

Enhander
02-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Well that really depends. If there is high demand, A bore kit would probably be made. Im assuming that the first run would be 1 piece barrels and the typical bore size they make is either .688 or .690.

VailSkibum
02-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Love the TL's! I'd be in for one or two.
Hopper Left AND Right I assume?
VSb

Enhander
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, If these are made, Ill be purchasing a Classic mag and sending it to FLASC so they create the barrel to normal twist lock specs :)

luke
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
FLASC barrels are extremely accurate.

Can you explain what makes these so accurate? :ninja: :D :)

Enhander
02-11-2011, 02:36 PM

They are micro honed with the sweat of Chuck Norris. :P

In all honesty Im not sure what FLASC does to them, but they've beat out many of the barrels that Ive shot in my paintball career. And Ive shot alot of barrels

SCpoloRicker
02-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Magnets.

/how do they work?

TwilightG
02-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I can see putting one of those on a MiniMag :D
support for a centerfeed tl would be a nice bonus

maniacmechanic
02-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Well that really depends. If there is high demand, A bore kit would probably be made. Im assuming that the first run would be 1 piece barrels and the typical bore size they make is either .688 or .690.

Seems like the Paint runs small down here , I'm to the point I consider a .686ish big bore
Just my 2 cents , as I probley wouldn't buy one

sjrtk
02-11-2011, 07:20 PM
I would be interested. Would be nice to get a new barrel for my twist lock guns with out going used or digging through the stock room of my local shop.

Enhander
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Keep the input coming guys. Im glad theres interest in this. If its created, Im sure since the community is asking for smaller bore, then thats what it would be

Frizzle Fry
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
I'd want one, provided they offer centerfeed milled barrels.

SPLATTER-ZONED
02-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm in.
Where abouts in Canada are they located?

SZ

Enhander
02-13-2011, 12:32 PM
From Dave @ FLASC

"Hey guys, just going to drop in quick (leaving soon for my first vacation in 3 years so a bit tight for time lol)

anyways to try and answer a few questions quick

As for bore lengths, we have found 9" is optimal, our kits that have sub 9" bore sizes are build for specific purposes but our highest performing kits will always have 9" control bores, for example our Micro kit was made for 2 things, 1) Highly customizable kit that allowed more options for length and porting (for example you could have a 5.5" ported MilSim barrel if you really wanted to or a 20X inch unported barrel, because of the shorter backs there’s a bit more versatility) the Tiberius kits have 5" backs and are made to allow a Tiberius owner to bore size for better performance and still be fully customizable in any length, if we went 9" pistol form would be much larger and you couldn’t customize porting in the shorter barrel lengths.

for a potential Mag barrel if created, we would likely be doing 9" ported barrels in 2X bore sizes, the 2 bore sizes will be what is deemed most popular from the community from the 7 bore sizes we work with (.678/.681/.684/.687/.693/.696) individual the barrel will likely be $35 or sold in a kit with 2X barrels, 1X tip and a carry case for $60 (estimates)

if we do end up making these barrels I will have a set of prototypes made up first and post some pictures up as well as some testing results before the final run is completed for anyone who may be interested"

Enhander
02-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Can you guys post up what bore sizes you think would be best?

Enemy
02-27-2011, 03:49 AM
I run. 686 the most

reckid1986
02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
.678 and .684, Smallest i have is .684 and its my most used barrel so a 678 would be nice for when they roll out of it.

Pullman
02-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Guys,

Here's the deal with mag bolts or at any rate the level X bolt. I'm fairly certain it won't fit inside a barrel smaller than .686. You'd be much better served building an adapter (like the one Doc Nickel made (which can be set up for left right or center feed), and then have it threaded for whatever barrel you like. Hope this helps. Those are super nifty little barrel tips. :D

Enhander
03-31-2011, 10:39 AM
This is possibly going to happen folks. I just need to acquire the resources to send to Flasc.

GoatBoy
03-31-2011, 06:06 PM
.689, center+left+right feed

I'd be interested if it had the D cut into it for FS rounds... not sure if anyone else would care.

spece108
04-03-2011, 04:01 AM
A lot of us have what is now big bore barrels. Most all the old stuff is huge for present day paint. The smaller you make them the better for most of us. 686 or 684 might be the smallest possible for a bolt to fit, you will have to ask AGD. I'd like a 681 or 679 better of course. But I can't see any reason to buy a 688 or bigger barrel ever again with present paint sizes.

Also a r/l/c feed barrel would be a hit. A design with a single chanel and 3 stops or lowest points might work best. Lastly, I can't see a down side to the D hole / first strike idea. Old bodies are cheap for us to play with and we would love the flexibility.