PDA

View Full Version : Some more RT questions

Telefragged
02-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Sorry, I belive I have already asked a few questions about the RT Pro, but am pretty sure I'm going to purchase one soon and need to aquire as much information as possible on the marker.

This one's about feeding styles:
-What would you prefer, a vertical feed or a powerfeed?
-Which one is more beneficial to the marker in terms of feeding rates?
-Which is easier/less expensive to find/buy barrels for?
-Which balances better?
-Any other information you can contribute would be a big help!

Another quickie, suppose I do get a powerfeed, I'm kinda confused about this whole "hopper right", "hopper left" thing.
-I'm a right handed shooter, which version one am I looking for?
-Does "hopper right" mean that the actual powerfeed assembly is on the right side, or is the hopper on the right side when attached to the gun? It's got me a bit confused and I feel kinda ignorant asking it, but knowledge is power right?

Thanks, I hope if and when I do get an RT I can become a bit more active and helpful member of these forums!

Load SM5
02-11-2002, 10:05 PM
1. I always liked vert.feed
2. They both feed faster than you can pull the trigger. Powerfeed is a little faster.
3.They both cost the same but the vert feed barrels may take a few days longer to get because you have to go through the factory.
4. vert.

Hopper right means the hopper sits on the right side. So as a rightie you would probably want a hopper left. When you lean out of the right side of the bunker the hopper will stay hidden.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Telefragged
02-12-2002, 07:36 AM
Thanks, anyone else have more opinions?

cphilip
02-12-2002, 07:49 AM
This RT Pro is one of the sweetest markers I have had the pleasure to shoot. I personaly like Hopper Left and am right handed. Unless you are thinking of Warping it. Then I would get the Warp left. You will not be disapointed with the RT Pro. Best choice you can make in a non-electronic marker I think. Simple, Solid, Fast and Sexy.

AGD-Acolyte
02-12-2002, 08:44 AM
I would have to recommend the hopper left powerfeed, if you don't go warp and left warpfeed if you go warp. If you have a vertical feed, you will chop a little more because the blow-back will bounce the balls more as they drop into the chamber. Your barrel options are also more limited with a vertical feed, and I think for some manufacturers they are also more expensive. Another benefit of powerfeed over vertical is that if you decide sometime later that you want warp, you can warp a normal powerfeed. I don't think you can warp a vertical feed.

Other than that, enjoy the RT Pro. I love mine. Make sure that you get one of the new ones with the intelliframe. When I got mine the intelliframe was not standard, and I found upgrading to the intelliframe made a big difference.

Best of luck.

RT_Luver
02-12-2002, 01:07 PM
1.powerfeed(if you want a warp get the,which I would recomend)if ur right handed get a left warp body which would be powerfedd right or ur left handed get the warp right mainbody which would be powerfeed left)

2.again look back to answer 1

3.Look back to answer 2

4.Ok something different,the center feed balances better but also has a lil blow back

5.I would recomend getting a warp and/or HALO because you can RIP with an RT PRO I dont think I am yet to meet my match out being out shot by somebody.ALSO theres a lil controversy with the ouput pressure to the gun.I was a little confused when I fist got my RT.the higher the output the more responsive the trigger is but the velocity will also drop,the lower the pressure the less the responsive the trigger is but the velocity will actually raise in rapid fire.I have mine set around 740-770 and I have about the perfect response for me and the velocity doesn't vary much.

Now about the power feed question.If it says Power feed Right that means that with an elboe the Hopper will be on the Right side.With a Power Feed Left that means the hopper will be on the left side.Center feed.......well I hope everyone knows what that means.ABOUT warp bodies.If your right handed and shoot with your right hand most the time you will want a Warp Feed Left mainbody,Wich is a Power feed Right body with a smaller short feed tube.If your left handed and shoot mainly with your left hand then you would want a Warp Feed Right mainbody wich is of course a power feed Left mainbody with the shorter feed tube.if u got any more questions...just ask.

Scooter/Cootie
02-12-2002, 01:14 PM
One thing to keep in mind is if you are planning on using a Warp Feed, a hopper right body would be the exact same as a warp body for a right handed player.

You would just connect the feed hose to the bottom of the powerfeed, place the adaptor plug thru the top (Which comes with the Warp(this may have changed recently though)), and then your all set. This is how I have my RT setup.

You wont have to use the 90 degree adaptor or run the hose over the top of your gun or around the bottom. It'll give you a tighter look for your gun and take as much as possible off the top.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Telefragged
02-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Well, I'm a bit tight on cash, So I won't be going Warp for a lttle bit. I already have an X-Board Revolution with a JMJ vortex impeller and it feeds too fast for me to outshoot it. If I chose to go warp later, I'll just buy a new mainbody.

I'm still a bit confused about the hopper left/right thing though, but I figured out a way to explain it, to myself at least. When I'm holding the marker in front of my mask, loaded with the hopper on and all, and I want the hopper to be on the left side, which body style do I want, hopper left, am I right?

Keep on posting, I can't believe how helpful all you AO members are!

Load SM5
02-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Hopper left.

Telefragged
02-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Well thanks again for clarifying all that. Polished powerfeed, hopper left, RT Pro it is, thanks again for the help all of you!

Load SM5
02-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Anytime...;)

X-Plosive
02-12-2002, 09:08 PM
hmm, I have a hopper right. Sighting down the barrel is a little harder but the advantage is that your profile is smaller when you are coming out the left. When I come out the right I have more control over my my profile but when I come out the right I have NO CONTROL over my profile. I try as hard as I can but it still seems to get a bit larger than the right. I would go for a powerfeed hopper left, it gives you less hassle unless you want to get a warp. Hmm, all this talk makes me want to trade my body.