PDA

View Full Version : ACE adjustment

ghost271
02-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I went to the field today to get my gun ready for next week. The eyes were on and even though there was nothing in the breech it would still fire. I have V 2.4 if that helps. Any ideas why it's firing when it shouldn't be ?

ghost271
02-14-2011, 07:34 AM
This is a new gun for me and haven't used it yet so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Ando
02-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Hate to say it but your ACE board might be fried. I know XMOD has a test feature for the ACE, your version doesn't. If you do a search on the forums you'll see they are prone to going Tang Uniform. I don't know anyone that uses the ACE but I know, that's not the point.

Best way to see if your ACE is working, look down the breech with a video camera and you should see the IR emanating from the hole.

EDIT: Is the ACE held in by a screw like the main board?? I can't remember :tard:

If it is you might want to see if doing the old "clean out the ground hole" will fix it.

ghost271
02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Ando, thanks for the reply. I'll have to take the board out to see, but I'll try to make sure it's clean. I don't have the XMod yet but will try and buy a programmer from the developer or pay Tuna to do it. Worse case scenario is I'll buy a new board and eye. Not needed i know, but I want this gun (along with my DC2) to be an heirloom for my kids. I'll eventually need to get the gun reanno'd to make it mint again, but for now with the battle scars, I'm gonna enjoy playing with her for a few years before putting her up on the wall. My new LvLX kit will be here this week so she'll be gentle on paint this weekend when I need to use her.

Tunaman
02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
There is a sensitivity adjustment on the Ace board. The adjusting screw is accessed from a small hole in the frame and a tiny flat blade screwdriver is the tool.

ghost271
02-14-2011, 06:50 PM
There is a sensitivity adjustment on the Ace board. The adjusting screw is accessed from a small hole in the frame and a tiny flat blade screwdriver is the tool.
Yeah I've tried turning it counterclockwise to turn the sensitivity down, but regardless where I turn it, it still fires.

ghost271
02-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Did the video camera trick and can't see any emitting light.

Ando
02-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Hmm...There's a current thread on BEO about the wiring of the ACE. You might want to look at it and see if everything is where it's suppose to be.

They don't make those ACE boards anymore but do come up every once in a blue moon. Could try Tuna as well.