PDA

View Full Version : A stupid question for smart people.

halB
02-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Finally played some paintball this weekend.

My mag was shooting great. I'm astounded that it functioned so perfectly considering I hadn't cycled it or lubed it in about a year.

Anyways, I was using a halo, and quite often I was shooting two balls out of the barrel. I only have one nubbin on my barrel (because it is darn hard to find them offline).

I assume it was the nubbin that was causing the double shooting. Am I right? If I get the second one I should be good right?

On another note, does the AGD store still exist?

Spider-TW
02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Finally played some paintball this weekend.

My mag was shooting great. I'm astounded that it functioned so perfectly considering I hadn't cycled it or lubed it in about a year.

Anyways, I was using a halo, and quite often I was shooting two balls out of the barrel. I only have one nubbin on my barrel (because it is darn hard to find them offline).

I assume it was the nubbin that was causing the double shooting. Am I right? If I get the second one I should be good right?

On another note, does the AGD store still exist?

Airgundesignsusa.com for the store, or tunamart.com

Some paint is just small, and halos can be extra pushy also. Extra detents help, but you can put a wrap or two of tape on the outside of the nubin to try to stiffen it up also.

I like to use B2's and turn them down a bit.

Sandman
02-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Halb,

It's possible that it is the barrel nubbins.

The store is still there. Here is the link for barrel parts.
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=90

It may simply also be the paintballs. Lately...meaning last few years, paintballs have been getting smaller overall.

If your bore is .690 or larger, even with nubbins the ball my roll past, or wobble past them while you run or dive.
Check you paintball diameter. If they are really small, try a different paint.

You can get cheap digital calipers for measuring paint at Harbor freight.
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?category=&q=calipers

All Mag owners should have a set of these for keeping their parts and paint in spec!

Ando
02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Or if you have a hobby shop close by. You can get yourself some stiff .032 wire and make your own detent. Paper clips work great in a jam.

athomas
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes, a Halo and small paint is a bad combination for double shooting. Having a good paint to barrel match will help, whether you get a smaller diameter barrel to match the paint you are shooing or use larger paint to match the bore of your current barrel.

You can adjust your nubbin if it is plastic. It may help a bit. Wrap some tape around the barrel where the nubbin is so that the knob on the back of the nubbin has some pressure on it. This will force the nubbin farther into the barrel and will help prevent rollouts and should help against having a Halo push the ball past it. The Halo will only push the ball past the nubbin when the ball rolls forward, so preventing this forward roll will help with the Halo problem.

halB
02-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for their prompt and educative answers.