PDA

View Full Version : insurance appraisal needed

mag79
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I need some help, I am doing the claim on all the stuff stolen from my house. The insurance company want to know how much it would cost to replace all items.

So with that said how much would it cost me to buy another gold rush micromag. Consider their availability.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/sandro79/SDC16036.jpg

going_home
02-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Calling robertsr1811 .

:ninja:

mag79
02-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Calling robertsr1811 .

:ninja:

i'll pm him thanks

i also need frizzle fry

robertsr1811
02-18-2011, 08:33 AM
You'll probably never find another one. It's a one of 10 I believe. I'd call it in the $400=$450 range even in this market..

The nice thing is it's almost impossibly rare. Any sale that comes up will be noticed.

mpsd
02-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Sad to hear you lost it.

With that valve and those grips, I'd say between $350 and $450.

teufelhunden
02-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm an expert in the field of appraising PB guns, and I think that one is worth about $400,000.

If they have no idea, may as well milk it ;)

OK, I'm not an expert. :( :headbang:

Frizzle Fry
02-18-2011, 11:06 AM
I answered via PM but it seems that we're all pretty much in agreement on the value of this marker.

BLachance75
02-18-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm not positive on how insurance appraisals work but could you say it weould be the cost of a similar Micromag with X valve plus the cost to anno it so it comes out looking the same. If it is that rare, 1 of 10, it is probably highly unlikely that you could even find one that somebody will sell.

Ando
02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
It doesn't mater what the market is when appraising. Insurance companies are going to depreciate the item by about half when they find out how old it is. Add a few hundred to what ever the owner thinks it's worth.

Top dollar

X-Valve new = $250

PTP body = Not sure what they were new but you can find a used one in that same body style for about $250 too 300 I would say. I would use the new price for it though.

New Anno Job = $150-200

Grip panels = I have a pair just like them and they cost me $75 from the dealer IIRC

ASA and Misc = $30

That should give you a ball park figure and I would tell the insurance company it's only 2 yrs old. You should get about around 75% of the value.

Sandman
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Where is your receipt? Did you buy it used? Copies of the PM's or paypal receipts will work as evidence of value.
If you created the gun yourself then you'll need the work orders and receipts from the custom work done plus the original purchase receipts.

Insurance companies want proof of value. Proof means paper trail of what you paid for it or examples of items bought and sold at current market values. Try and find some similar mags that you can compare for value.

Ando
02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Sandman is correct. If you don't have proof. They'll ask you to find a similar item online. After I got out of the military and my household good were shipped to me. There was a bunch of stuff broken and had to do that for a lot of it.

Don't think it matters what the current market for the item is though. Just send them to the AGD website, one stop shop.

mag79
02-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I got this one on a trade after tunaball 2. All the pm are history, almost all of my paintball transaction were done here on AO. I started looking up a few of my transactions, theres alot of info if the thread are still around

maniacmechanic
02-18-2011, 05:07 PM
You'll probably never find another one. It's a one of 10 I believe. I'd call it in the $400=$450 range even in this market..

The nice thing is it's almost impossibly rare. Any sale that comes up will be noticed.

Got to go with this one , I would say even higher , I think we should remember that not only is this a 1of 10 never to be made again , basically irreplaceable paintball gun , but it is an ANTIQUE which so make it more valuable

cerrik
02-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Sadly, this is why ppl have items of high value and rarity insured independently. Such as wedding rings and such... in which case, you would of had to have an appraisal done while the items were still in your possession.

Totally sucks that you got took like that... and again that the insurance will stick it to you as well...

A while back, I lost about 2 RPG rule books and 4 Magic Decks when our car got stolen on vacation. The books even then were close to $50 each new and the decks were probably worth $30-$50 each when you factor in rare cards and picking up singles... I got maybe 40% of what it was all worth... so I learned to bring small paperbacks and only 1-2 commons decks with me on vacation from then on if even that.