PDA

View Full Version : Teflon Coating

El Camino
02-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Can someone tell me who can do teflon coating on a Automag SS body??

El Camino
02-20-2011, 11:33 AM
No replies?
So is there some other type of coating that can be put on SS other then paint or powercoat?? Something thin! If so, who dose that??

theGOLDENchild
02-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe you'll have better luck on the T-Fal forums ;)

El Camino
02-20-2011, 01:18 PM

Now why didn't I think of that!! :tard: Thanks! I found a place just south of me that dose it!

reckid1986
02-20-2011, 09:38 PM
id like to here what you found...

El Camino
02-21-2011, 07:45 AM
id like to here what you found...

Here's what I found: http://www.calicocoatings.com/

WUNDERWAFFEN
02-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I bought a black teflon coated minimag body way back when from AGD. I do not know why they did teflon- really all I wanted was a black minimag body.

Unless they do it a different way I would recommend against getting it teflon coated. My body's finish would scratch, chip & flake off too easily. I play pretty hard with my equipment & I expect it to get beat up so I do not mind scratches. But that finishs would scratch and the surrounding area would "bubble" or raise off the metal & next thing you know a little scratch would flake off to the size of a quarter.

El Camino
02-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I bought a black teflon coated minimag body way back when from AGD. I do not know why they did teflon- really all I wanted was a black minimag body.

Unless they do it a different way I would recommend against getting it teflon coated. My body's finish would scratch, chip & flake off too easily. I play pretty hard with my equipment & I expect it to get beat up so I do not mind scratches. But that finishs would scratch and the surrounding area would "bubble" or raise off the metal & next thing you know a little scratch would flake off to the size of a quarter.

They have several different coatings, two of them are Teflon, one they say they apply to weapons. I understand what your saying and I tend to agree with you, but I'm going to give it a chance, I just need to finish some milling. So hopefuly they'll have the bodies in 2 weeks.

rifleman wi
02-21-2011, 10:45 PM
They have several different coatings, two of them are Teflon, one they say they apply to weapons. I understand what your saying and I tend to agree with you, but I'm going to give it a chance, I just need to finish some milling. So hopefuly they'll have the bodies in 2 weeks.
how much did they quote you per body?

Mongoose
02-22-2011, 09:21 AM

Haha....my entire family works there!!!! i already asked them and it would be way too expensive...unless you were doing 1,000 parts

El Camino
02-23-2011, 11:01 AM
how much did they quote you per body?

I didn't nail down a price, because I was just trying to find someone to do the job and I didn,t know how many I wanted done, but $25-$80 was mentioned, it really depended on how many are being done and I don't like to nail down a price till I'm having something done, because the price may change by then.

rifleman wi
02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
I didn't nail down a price, because I was just trying to find someone to do the job and I didn,t know how many I wanted done, but $25-$80 was mentioned, it really depended on how many are being done and I don't like to nail down a price till I'm having something done, because the price may change by then.

well if theres some type of group thing, ide like to send 2 mini mag bodies. and possible a valve if they can do that too..

El Camino
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
well if theres some type of group thing, ide like to send 2 mini mag bodies. and possible a valve if they can do that too..

I'll post when I'm ready to go. Never thought about the valve.