PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse 2K Burst discs

ghost271
02-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey guys,

I just recieved a used Apocalypse 2k regulator and had it gassed up today. Went home excited to hook it up to my mag and see how fast it'd RT. I turn it on slowly and BANG ! LP burst disc blows and the tank empties out. Not too impressed, but these things happen. By looking at the other burst disc, it looks rounded like a ball bearing. I'm thinking they may just have been old and needed to be replaced. In any case, where would I get new burst discs ? Are they specific to this regulator or will any hydro testing facility have them in stock ? I know the O-rings are easy to come by, but I have no idea about the discs. Any help is appreciated.

MntlHazrd
02-20-2011, 05:55 PM
http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=186&categoryID=7

i no longer see a pic posted to confirm if these are correct but these should be the ones i bought to replace the burst disk on my Apoc 2K.

a little tip for next time to prevent blowing the LP again is to turn the adjustment screw all the way and then turn it on and increase the pressure then

ghost271
02-20-2011, 11:15 PM
I assume you meant to say 'all the way out'?
I bought it used and this was actually the first time I turned it on. Perhaps the shop that swapped my regs had turned it by accident ? I turned it on slowly too and was watching the gauge to see what the pressure was.
I also noticed the HP disk looks like it's concave as well. Perhaps I'll order a set of each. Thanks for the link and the help. I'll email CP and confirm they'll fit.

Thx again.

Joel