PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the single frame gone?

skyless
02-20-2011, 02:03 PM
There was a time not to long ago when single trigger frames of all sorts and colors could be found quite easy, complete with trigger and saftey. Now it's near impossible to find anything besides chrome 32 frames without saftey or triggers. Benchmarks can be found on occasion but the saftey is it's downfall. Is it time for a new batch of single frames to hit the market? Or am I the only one who perfers shooting with only one finger? Within the last year some pretty amazing things have been created and brought to production. I would love to see a single frame capable of pneumatics or electronics. Am I alone on this or is there enough intrest to get those capable of
such things to put some thought into it.

captian pinky
02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
most of the single frames have been used for pump mags,sydarms,or pistol projects and the owners that have them don't want to part with them. as far as producing a new frame i don't think it will happen unless they reproduce benchmark frames with a different safety design. in which case they may be a huge hit.

El Camino
02-20-2011, 02:36 PM
You got my vote for a single trigger frames (one finger 45)

Magmoormaster
02-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Safety? Who needs a safety? They make barrel bags for a reason. :rofl:

But no, you aren't the only one who prefers single frames. The problem is that so many people do that you can't find anythign because they all got snatched up. Or had the trigger guard cut off so someone could use a double.

Frizzle Fry
02-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm fairly sure you can still buy a benchmark.

BigEvil
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm fairly sure you can still buy a benchmark.

I bought a new one from Tracy not too long ago.

rseb4agze
02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
It would great if someone did start making a single trigger frame for a automags again. 45 or 86* would so cool. I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of interest :shooting:

skyless
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
The only Benchmark I really like is the groovy frame, and only cause its groovy. I have one (currently mia w/zapthemad) and the saftey is the only thing i dont like about it. Not saying I would not pick up another in a heartbeat if I came across one. I like the kapp and dye as well, just cant seem to find them. I am about to break down and just buy a chrome one and hope that the standard AGD trigger will fit. Just seems like there should be a new updated frame that can fit all the goodies that have come along recently.

Ando
02-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Where have all the single frame gone?
I bought them all :ninja: :argh:

No ****, I got like 7 of them to include 2 AR frames :p

going_home
02-20-2011, 08:35 PM
http://www.proteamdirect.com/pros45framfo.html

:ninja:

XM15
02-20-2011, 10:42 PM
I was looking for one for my own pump mag. I got lucky and picked up a classic mag that had 2 things I was looking for. A 45 benchmark frame and a lvl10 bolt with complete kit. Now one of my buddies who isn't a member here wants a pump mag like mine so now I'm hunting for one for him. Might have to buy a whole gun again for just that part if I can't find one for sale either.

bound for glory
02-20-2011, 11:00 PM
never liked the benchmarks. waaaaay too much wobble in the trigger. and the double triggers were far worse.

Frizzle Fry
02-21-2011, 02:22 PM
never liked the benchmarks. waaaaay too much wobble in the trigger. and the double triggers were far worse.
Every 45 frame for the mag that I've ever encountered has a little wobble (especially the PL)... That's what delrin shims are for.

Spider-TW
02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Are the CF AGD frames hard to find also?

Tracy_ptp
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
I have some in stock!

M98Punk
03-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Beat me too it Frizzle, I've only used Benchies and I do notice the double wobble a bit more then a single it's more noticeable when messing around, game on its no biggy doubly so with shims or a trigger job

Thotograph
03-07-2011, 10:24 PM
The CF frame isn't all that bad... and you can get sweet wood grips for them. I rock one on my RT Classic.

I don't really like the Benchys, the trigger itself is such a massive hunk of metal it kinda deadens an RT, but perhaps its more geared towards a classic mag... just don't like em all that much.

Still I wish there were more single frames around... I'm a fan of single trigger semi autos (though I also like me doubles as well, and on that note: TunaBlade FTW!).