PDA

View Full Version : Pgp

the JoKeR
02-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Just started looking into getting a PGP for some indoor use and have a few questions.
1. Are there multiple versions available now, old vs new? Looks like newer ones have a quick changer.
2. Also looking for a speed loader that will allow fast reloading w/o that annoying little plug, but can't find anything online.
Website recommendations anybody? Most of what I find is of very little use.
Thanks

HoppysMag
02-12-2002, 01:06 PM
1)theres 2 versions the PGP and the PGP 2001. the new one has a longer barrel. and a little fiber optic sight. un sure on quick changer. probibly better off to get a PT (Extreme /Enforser/ proffesional)

2}Loader for what?? the PGP????

the JoKeR
02-12-2002, 01:47 PM
1. Already have a PTExtreme, modified for constant air and quick conversion to a 45 or 200 round hopper (Because I could, I guess). My opinion is that the PT is a piece of junk with regards to the manufacturing and design. It's still fun to use, just bad quality.

2. For fast loading of the 10 round tubes. I've seen custom work where the tube sticks out the front of the gun and others where you fill from the back and a lever keeps the paint from rolling out. Makes more sense once you've seen it.

Regardless, it'll need to be an actual PGP, not a PTX, Trracer, etc. My local indoor field has PGP only days which can be a blast. I couldn't get my PMI-1 past them...:(

lopxtc
02-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Damned if this isnt bad timing....I just tossed a huge stack of old paintball magazines, and one was a whole issue devoted to upgrading the PGP ... including a stick feed, constant air (Thru thermal coupling none the less) ...

Aaron

HoppysMag
02-12-2002, 02:04 PM
You have a PMI-1!!!! DUDE POST A PIC!!! I love the old guns...... KP1.....KP2....KP3......VM68..... Razor Back....All the good stuff.

The older PGP's are of a better quality. The new ones have more plastic and are in my eyes less sturdy.

o and check out www.vmempire.com its a VM68 forum, but alot of the guys have some other fine Sheridan products.

PS...Check out gun number 108 on page 11 of the "Custom Gun" pictures ................ ITS MY VM!!!!

the JoKeR
02-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Didn't think the PMI-1s were that uncommon. This one is in nice overall shape. I'm second owner. Had it sent to Palmer's for valve and barrel work. Nice and smooth, very accurate, and very efficient. Overall, a great gun, but since it's not a PGP, I can't use it at this field... I don't have a digital camera, so a pic isn't happening anytime soon. Maybe I should just work out a trade with someone for a PGP......?

HoppysMag
02-12-2002, 02:36 PM
well there not like a really rare gun.... its just I really like the old guns.......but you could definatly find a trade for it.... if you want to. but a PGP is only like 70-90$$$ new. used ones are Cheap.

HoppysMag
02-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey the April 2002 APG has an entire section on PGP's! il brief you on it once i read it!

personman
02-13-2002, 01:02 PM
April 2002? Jesus christ, they must own time machines! I want to know what products are oging to be out in time for my birthday!(April 25th) Also, I want to ask APG if I get a warp feed for my birthday or not! I really want to know!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HoppysMag
02-13-2002, 01:07 PM
ya i just got my first APG! (i normally just got them off my friend or newsstand)

Things pointed out about the PGP
External velocity adjustment.
12 gram = 25-30 shots
new 9inch barrel
removable bolt
verry accurate

Overall good review.

will have more when i get the time

personman
02-13-2002, 01:09 PM
You guys are kinda making me want to dig around and find the PGP my older brother bought used about 5 or 6 years ago. :p Its probally in ruins somewhere.. I dont even know if we still have it!

HoppysMag
02-13-2002, 01:15 PM
they are good guns.

GusDaDog
02-13-2002, 02:20 PM
http://www.gddcustoms.com/images/NHG3.jpg

I made this one, rumor is it shoots pretty well....