PDA

View Full Version : My first taste of the RT effect

OneSelfLost
02-24-2011, 10:47 PM
So last Friday, the local shop called me up an told me that my Ninja rebuild kit was in. I drove out as soon as he called me, all I really wanted from it was a shim or two. I added one red shim to my 50/45 Ninja, tossed a stainless steel line on my Emag, and gassed it up. E mode works beautifully, as always, shoots semi in mech mode no problem.. And then I held the trigger half way down.. My marker went in to Street Sweeper mode, firing way faster than anyone needs to shoot! I played for about 6 hours the next day and RT'ed all day long! It was beautiful! Just thought I'd share my weekend with all the Mag lovers here.

Thank you AO, you're awesome. The BEST forum on the web!

-Erik

georgeyew
02-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Now you are addicted.....welcome to the club :bounce:

OneSelfLost
02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Now you are addicted.....welcome to the club :bounce:

Hahaha, I was addicted to mags LONG before my personal discovery or the elusive RT effect! Something about the style, feel, and just knowing that what I am holding is a piece of history that is STILL BETTER than anything made today is what really sold me. Then this happened.. Just when I thought I couldn't be happier with my Automag.. It's like I fell in love with my marker over again HAHA! I won't repeat that to my girlfriend or I'll be in the doghouse!

ghost271
02-26-2011, 02:05 AM
I just got mt RT Classic yesterday, but my LP burst disc blew last week so I have to wait to order some. I may just place an order for an 1100 psi Ninja reg on Monday. My Lvl 10 kit from ANS has been delayed delivery for another week even though their site said it was in stock :nono:
So I'm going to have to wait at least two weeks before I can experience this bliss :cry:

sjrtk
02-26-2011, 05:47 PM
So I'm going to have to wait at least two weeks before I can experience this bliss :cry:

Well you only have to wait another week so long as you want a marker not just a blender. I LOVE the RT effect.

93klauss
02-28-2011, 03:24 PM
It an elusive little bastard to find, esp with lack of air around my neck of the woods. but with enough time, air, and patience I hope to experience your Bliss!!

2BAD4U
03-03-2011, 01:14 AM
So last Friday, the local shop called me up an told me that my Ninja rebuild kit was in. I drove out as soon as he called me, all I really wanted from it was a shim or two. I added one red shim to my 50/45 Ninja, tossed a stainless steel line on my Emag, and gassed it up. E mode works beautifully, as always, shoots semi in mech mode no problem.. And then I held the trigger half way down.. My marker went in to Street Sweeper mode, firing way faster than anyone needs to shoot! I played for about 6 hours the next day and RT'ed all day long! It was beautiful! Just thought I'd share my weekend with all the Mag lovers here.

Thank you AO, you're awesome. The BEST forum on the web!

-Erik
whats up dude, about how many shots do you get from your 50/45 ninja?

Thotograph
03-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Must resist... urge to connect direct to SCUBA... tank... must not shred 30+bps/cps soup through emag...
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: for you sir... and a nanner :dance:

ghost271
03-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Got my 1150psi ninja reg today, set up my level 10 kit, and finally got to experience the RT goodness !!

Seems easy to shoot single shots and opens up with little effort. Looking forward to this weekend.

DaveA
03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
First time I was able to get reactivity on my old mag was when I bored out the steelbraided hose fittings to get more airflow. I've never tried the over pressurizing because back in the day I was talking to ummm CArlos? at AGD and he said it was more about airflow than just pressure. Obviously you get a lot more airflow with the higher psi, but I'm always wondering about the shot count and if the FPS drops when you go below 1100-900 psi.

Dover
03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
any way you could post pics of the differrent shims please?

my buddy has an X-Mag and doesn't believe in the over 850 psi output difference, but we both have Ninja tanks

ghost271
03-18-2011, 11:59 AM
He doesn't believe it'll make a difference in RT effect?
Hmm. Tell him to smoke more crack. When I put my new reg on, the difference was night and day. The trigger snapped back so fast it was like I was barely pulling it. If I didn't make a concious effort to pull all the way back for a single shot, it'd run into warp speed. The only word to describe it is 'Insane' !!

Granted I've only run air through it and no paint, but so far with the Lvl 10 it shoots crazy fast !

Dover
03-18-2011, 12:10 PM
What's your HPA set-up, and what psi output is going to the X-Valve ?

Dover
03-18-2011, 12:12 PM
whats up dude, about how many shots do you get from your 50/45 ninja?

My buddy has an X-Valve and i'm running an RT Pro but we both need to tune our Level X kits

then it's testing time!!! we'll let you know how shots on a 3000 psi fill, 'cuz thats what our field has

ghost271
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
What's your HPA set-up, and what psi output is going to the X-Valve ?
My input is 1150psi. My other ninja tank is 850psi I believe.

Dover
03-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Aha, so you have the super high output Ninja shims?

Because both my buddy and i have 50ci 4500 Ninja tanks, and he told me that he read somewhere that changing the output above the stock ( 850 as you mentioned ) won't have any effect

thecroatiansensation
03-18-2011, 06:10 PM
I had a HP crossfire reg at 800psi when I first stumbled on the RT shoots-like-butta effect. Now I have the 1200 ninja reg which is pure greatness.

I would highly suggest finding a cheap XX/4500 tank out of hydro on the net and send it into ninja. You could get one easily for $40. They will hydro and install a 1200 reg for about $60 all said and done. So basically for $100 you have a 5 year RT effect mastering tank.

My favorite attribute of the RT effect is the look on someone's face after you 3 shot snap shoot someone in the goggles and then explain to them after the game that it is a 100% mech gun. This is made much better when they have a $500+ electro.

If you put one or two shims into a normal from-the-factory ninja reg you should be able to RT it as long as you have a RT on/off.

Dover
03-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks very much for the advice! I have a 68 ci / 4500 Nitro Duck X-Stream with a born date 5 / 06

Therefore it expires 5 / 2011, which is this May. I really like the adjustable Nitro Duck X-Stream reg, allows you to adjust the psi with a set of vice-grips in three seconds

However I was considering having Ninja do a reg swap while re-hydroing the tank, since i also own a Ninja 50 ci / 4500 psi

And then purchase the additional shims for 1200 psi output

ghost271
03-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Dover,

When you send your tank in, ask them for an 1150 psi reg. Its an extra $20, but they do it custom for you and then test it to make sure everythings good to go. You cant add that many shims. You have to get them to preset it for you.

I think in total mine was $56. I also used an older tank that still has about 10 years of life left. They are great guys to deal with and their customer service is second to none.

BenoitOWN
03-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Their regular regulator can be set from 650 to 1000psi with shims. Higher or lower are custum regulator.
SLP reg: 300psi
Mag reg: 1200psi +-100psi
They are 54$ on their own(20$extra than normal one)

Going to set my mag for tomorow play. Rotor + 1200psi reg :3

hill160881
03-19-2011, 11:17 AM
This thread is worthless without Videos :p