PDA

View Full Version : Buying a RT ULE CUSTOM

warhawks29
03-05-2011, 11:56 AM
In the near future, I plan on purchasing an RT ULE custom, with the air adapter, ULT trigger, and ule black body.

I also plan on buying an empire prophecy, custom ninja 1200 psi 68/4500 tank, and a deadlywind barrel.

My first question is, with the set up I outlined above, what are some problems I should expect when I air up the marker for the first time. (I know I have to tune the lvl 10 bolt, then adjust the trigger shims)

Next, what barrel length do you guys prefer for your mags, I was going to get a 16" but I feel like that may cause the marker to be too long, and a 14" would be my best bet.

And lastly, what are some things I should do before trying to even shoot the marker (do I need to lube the bolt heavily or anything like that?)

Thanks for the tips in advance!

Tunaman
03-05-2011, 12:18 PM
The marker will shoot fine right out of the box. A couple of drops of oil in the asa before playing and you are good to go. I like 12" much better. Never lube the bolt or spring. Let me know if you have any questions. ;)

warhawks29
03-05-2011, 01:08 PM
The marker will shoot fine right out of the box. A couple of drops of oil in the asa before playing and you are good to go. I like 12" much better. Never lube the bolt or spring. Let me know if you have any questions. ;)
Really? I was reading around the forum and it seems like everyone runs into a bunch of bolt stick issues and other crazy problems :P

Shirow
03-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Really? I was reading around the forum and it seems like everyone runs into a bunch of bolt stick issues and other crazy problems :P

I've always put a tiny bit of oil on the inside of my bolt but I'm running a 10+ year old bolt/valve and I've never had it stick

ghost271
03-05-2011, 06:33 PM
You can set your Lvl 10 up at home with just air. Set it up so there's no leaks and you work the oring in and you're good to go. When you get to the field, just chrono your gun.

warhawks29
03-06-2011, 11:05 AM
You can set your Lvl 10 up at home with just air. Set it up so there's no leaks and you work the oring in and you're good to go. When you get to the field, just chrono your gun.
Ok and then adjust the ult trigger?

Thotograph
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
A wiseman once said: "if it aint broke down fix it"

Ain't ain't a word but it makes a valid point, and to further that point, you'll receive a working marker b/c the person who assembles it will test it first. The setup you described is all good stuff. Dye rotor over Proph and 1K psi input over 1200 psi, but that's just my $0.02.

Barrel wise I'm with Tuna 12" (+/-2") is all you need, but 14" is fine and gives you more options in todays market. TK advises 8" of effective barrel length to be ideal (8" of barrel before porting). Pay more attention to tips like that (and Tuna's) and you'll be golden.

Personally, I like a one piece barrel over a two piece. You mentioned DW... the null barrel by them is pretty nice though I haven't shot a bunch with mine. Aluminum will always stand up better to the test of time, but the days of quality one piece barrels are probably behind us (sigh at least I came away with an aluminum Dye 10" to show for it).

Hot setup you've described but make sure to save some $$ for paint b/c you're likely to throw alot of it :shooting:

Tunaman
03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
And make SURE you contact me before you buy. :D

warhawks29
03-10-2011, 07:09 AM
And make SURE you contact me before you buy. :D
I will make sure to do that :P it will be in about a month and a half or less when I buy it, and why 1k psi over 1200 psi? Im really looking to hit that RT effect as much as possible. Thanks for the oppinions guys! (and I think the rotor is super ugly so I will probably stick with the prophecy, pinokio is a close second to that :P )

ghost271
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
I ordered my Ninja preset this week and requested 1200 psi. I also talked to Jeff (AGDs master tech for ten years) to get his input on helping me fix my mag. Anyway, he's the one handbuilding and testing the custom regs. He told me he was going to do 1150psi only because he figured by going too high it may RT full auto and not be controllable. So that may also be something to consider. Going to 1000psi. If anybody would know, it'd be him.
And yes. Listen to Tunaman ;)

68calsportz
03-10-2011, 11:00 AM
If you are really looking for rt effect you should think about getting the rt on/off instead of the ult. Rt on/off still have a nice lite trigger pull and you will also get the most rt affect out of that high pressure ninja tank you are getting. Anyho, im glad to see that some people are still buying mags new. I still use my 68 classic mag that i purchased in 1993 and it works fantastic.

warhawks29
03-10-2011, 11:48 AM
If you are really looking for rt effect you should think about getting the rt on/off instead of the ult. Rt on/off still have a nice lite trigger pull and you will also get the most rt affect out of that high pressure ninja tank you are getting. Anyho, im glad to see that some people are still buying mags new. I still use my 68 classic mag that i purchased in 1993 and it works fantastic.
If I buy the ULT with the marker will I still get the RT on/off pin since it is stock? And I'd like to be able to basically double tap the trigger which is why I wanted the ULT, unless I'm mistaken and thats not possible.

plus with the ULT i could tap and hit the RT effect, with the RT trigger I would only get the RT

Thotograph
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Personal preference on input pressures vary from user to user, I prefer around 1k b/c it gives a nice balance between RT effect and consistent velocity when shooting single shots or simply when I'm not trying to RT. I've gotten pretty decent at getting my RT's to go into chainsaw mode over the years... so I don't feel the need to ensure RT effect with increased input. 1k is a more balanced input for me. At that pressure with my Flatline I can get my single trigger classic RT to shred nicely, at 1200 PSI its a beast machine.

I've got a video on youtube demonstrating "chainsaw mode" at 1200PSI :shooting:

Quick edit: honestly the ULT is designed to take out the RT effect when used properly, so you have to purposely add shims to get it to want to RT again, and IMO it's just not the same. With an RT on/off you still have the option to just fire a single shot or whatever. The ULT is really meant to make an RTP field/tourney legal for places that outlaw RT and full auto, and also it eliminates much of the pull weight. I'd say try the RT on/off first and you can always pick up a ULT later.

Tunaman
03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
and dont forget...
You NEED to run Stainless Braided line on the marker when the pressure gets up this high. Dont mess around.

warhawks29
03-10-2011, 02:44 PM
and dont forget...
You NEED to run Stainless Braided line on the marker when the pressure gets up this high. Dont mess around.
Yea Im buying the RT with AGD's airline preinstalled :P

And the ULT trigger is like 50$ normally, but I can pick it up for 12 with the RT, how much does the RT on/off cost?

mag79
03-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Tuna do you sell stock rt mag

Tunaman
03-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Tuna do you sell stock rt mag
I have anything you want. :D

mag79
03-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I have anything you want. :D

cool, I will need to buy 3 within the next 2 weeks. I have to replace 2 of mine and someone else's. :cheers:

kcombs9
03-11-2011, 12:51 PM

the bolt stick is not from a lack of lubing the bolt. in my experience if you lube the bolt it gives you a false sense of tuning when you set it up, cause when the lube is gone the lvl x is out of tune and wont function the same.

I could be wrong

warhawks29
03-13-2011, 02:10 PM
I can't decide which barrel to get :( I was going to get the 14 inch fibur, but honestly I wouldn't really get that many different sizes of paint so I would be better off just getting a stepped bore like the stiffi MF or maybe the DW Null...I just can't decide.

Tunaman
03-13-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a used Sanchez Machine SM1 kit with ALL the different sizes...small and large bore

warhawks29
03-13-2011, 07:08 PM
I've decided on either the Stiffi MF .685 bore, or a .684 or .687 deadlywind fibur...this is a hard choice :/