PDA

View Full Version : Aka Sst Or Aka Sidewinder Reg?

Battman
03-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Have a check-it autococker pump and I'm going to put a new reg on it and was wondering what was best for this marker a aka sst reg thats 0-400 pounds or a aka sidewinder thats 0-700 pounds. I thought autocockers were mid to low pressure? Check-its website said they set the reg at 300 pounds. Any advise would be helpful. Also called aka and the woman thought the sst is what a person should use but kind of acted unsure.

hill160881
03-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Have a check-it autococker pump and I'm going to put a new reg on it and was wondering what was best for this marker a aka sst reg thats 0-400 pounds or a aka sidewinder thats 0-700 pounds. I thought autocockers were mid to low pressure? Check-its website said they set the reg at 300 pounds. Any advise would be helpful. Also called aka and the woman thought the sst is what a person should use but kind of acted unsure.

Palmers is who i prefer for a high quality reg. But they are pricey.

MANN
03-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Both will out preform your needs. I have both, and love them both.

captian pinky
03-06-2011, 12:02 PM
i have heard that the sst has reg creep. and then i also heard that it is better than the sidewinder. i have a sidewinder and it did miracles to my work horse series6.

MANN
03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
i have heard that the sst has reg creep.

I have not noticed any on my viking & I have a good 20 cases through it.

IrishRedneck86
03-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Id say go with the Sidewinder Ive run pump cockers plenty and you wont out perform it nor will it wear out any time soon with a new one as long as you keep it lubed with a little oil through the asa.

CatoRockwell
03-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Good question: SST is better from everything I've studied, but you aren't going to come anywhere near putting your Sidewinder through its paces on a pump. Go with whichever one is cheaper you won't outperform it.

Palmer's regs are fine, I don't think they are any better than AKA and they are overpriced and heavier.

I'd go with AKA, everything I've done with AKA so far has been magic.

Battman
03-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all the advise going with AKA thanks

ghost271
03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I have AKA Sidewinders on all my guns but my MacDevs. I was contemplating the SST as well, but it came down to the simple fact that realistically, I'm not going to be putting my guns through that much intense constant firing to see any real world difference.

I've had Sidewinders on my Vikings, Yakuza'd Karnivor, 07 Borg, etc, all on uncapped ramp, and never once noticed any shootdown.

Battman
03-06-2011, 10:29 PM
thanks ghost271

cockerpunk
03-07-2011, 11:56 AM
correct me if im wrong, but i believe there are parts on the SST that are not user servicable. thats a deal breaker for me.

Thotograph
03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
WGP non-adjustable reg FTW! At least for pumps anyways... that's what my '99 STO pump is rockin. Consistent as ever I might add :shooting:

Lol I'm kinda kidding at ya, but you don't need a gnarly LP reg that'll run sub 400 psi @ 15+ bps all day on a pump marker. Not unless its a pneuassist or something... you don't have anything that'll suffice? I get the whole building up of a marker thing... done it way to many times, so if anything I'd say get the SW.