PDA

View Full Version : gun id

monkeyman5710
03-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I have just bought 2 cockers off of ebay with 2 automags, i am after some knowledge about the cockers and one of the mags. right onto some details:

the first cocker is a black, right feed, slide framed with brass pneus the serial number is 8990, its has "swift line" with an arrow engraved on the side (looks factory) it has a venturi bolt that has marker high performancelasred onto it.

the second cocker is a silver, right feed, slide frame with "evolution" on the side it has no serial number from what i can see

i know this is a mag but it has me stumped as to where/who it came from it is a classic mag with "Capt. Bo-Peep" lasered onto the body it has a "whispering death" air america gas through front grip the serial numbers on the valve are matching the number is cf08820

i can post pics later on if needed

bound for glory
03-11-2011, 09:48 AM
the capt. bo-peep is likely just somebodys nickname(and a lame one at that). back in the day, you could get a sandblasted name, etc. on the body tube. and tho i never saw one up close, i never understood why anyone would...

Ando
03-11-2011, 05:07 PM
So people would think twice about stealing them. Kind of hard to sell something with unique names like that ;)

sjrtk
03-12-2011, 04:18 PM
The autococker with Evolution on the side is just that an Evolution Autococker. They were done by Belsales and distributed in the US by satan (SP). The other one i don't know. mabey just marketing thing from WGP. Like stated befor the mag prolly just has a nick name on the side of it.

bound for glory
03-12-2011, 04:22 PM
thats true...not many "capt. bo-peeps" in the paintball world, i'd think. now if it just said "mike"... :p

outkastmike
03-12-2011, 05:06 PM
thats true...not many "capt. bo-peeps" in the paintball world, i'd think. now if it just said "mike"... :p

This may answer some questions regarding Bo peeps...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/64053-old-school-paintballer-jim-andersons-obituary.html

maniacmechanic
03-12-2011, 05:20 PM
This may answer some questions regarding Bo peeps...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/64053-old-school-paintballer-jim-andersons-obituary.html

Sad , but that just put some good history on that gun

outkastmike
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Sad , but that just put some good history on that gun

I remember them being one of a few USA based teams that traveled over the Atlantic in the early 90's to play the UK's premier event the Mayhem Masters tournament.

sjrtk
03-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Wow, Good piece of info to read as sad as it is. I guess there is quite a bit of history for that mag now. :cheers:

monkeyman5710
03-12-2011, 08:50 PM
thanks to all that have helped, if anyone has any pics/more info on the "Bo Peep and His Sheep" team it would be great if you could share it with me as the more i dig around the more i am falling for this mag

Nitroduck
03-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Just going on personal memory , that low of serial number would put it in the 94 range or so, I have #38500 and it's a mid-year '97.

monkeyman5710
03-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Just going on personal memory , that low of serial number would put it in the 94 range or so, I have #38500 and it's a mid-year '97.

looking at a cocker forum the serial number would put it int he late '92 or early '93
it also has some mods done to it by swift line "Drilling a special hole through the top of the receiver and hammer so that the sear adjustment can be fine tuned without taking the trigger assembly off. He grinds the main spring so it doesn't rub the firing pin. He also puts an allen screw through the back of the trigger assembly that can be adjusted to fine tune the trigger pull. He lightens the bolt and generally streamlines all the internals so that they mate perfectly, thus negating any manufacturing sloppiness."(copied from a site i found on google)

Nitroduck
03-12-2011, 09:04 PM
looking at a cocker forum the serial number would put it int he late '92 or early '93
it also has some mods done to it by swift line "Drilling a special hole through the top of the receiver and hammer so that the sear adjustment can be fine tuned without taking the trigger assembly off. He grinds the main spring so it doesn't rub the firing pin. He also puts an allen screw through the back of the trigger assembly that can be adjusted to fine tune the trigger pull. He lightens the bolt and generally streamlines all the internals so that they mate perfectly, thus negating any manufacturing sloppiness."(copied from a site i found on google)

I guess my memory isn't as good as I thought it would be , at one time I had all the serial # ranges memorized :)

Yes , they make very good stuff , most high end cockers around that time period had similar mods, I know my 97 does.

monkeyman5710
03-12-2011, 09:13 PM
i think i read it right
http://www.teamsection8.com/cocker-dating.htm