PDA

View Full Version : what are these worth

monkeyman5710
03-15-2011, 07:19 AM
what markers are they,and how much are they worth? some old school mags and cockers
right guys i have got these markers that i picked up last week, i want to see how much they are worth and if they are anything special? just so i can see if i did get a good deal on them all?

first mag is one with a body i have not seen before it has a retro valve with matching numbers
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/monkey_man5710/newgun7.jpg

next is a special mag after a bit of digging it was a pro gun for the captian of a team called "bo peep and his sheep" it consited of guys like Bob Long and Dave Youngblood just to name a few of the team (correct me if i am wrong just what i have found out)
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/monkey_man5710/newgun9.jpg
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/monkey_man5710/newgun8.jpghttp://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/monkey_man5710/newgun11.jpg
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/monkey_man5710/newgun0.jpg

if anyone can help me with some details of the guns what they are worth and if they are worth keeping hold of that would be a great help

OPBN
03-15-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't know about the "nostalgia value", but simply going by parts:

RetroValve = $95-140 depending on condition and whether is has lvl X or not
Classic valve = $40-75 depending on if it has lvlX
AM/MM rail = $15-25 depending if you include twistlock assembly and spacer
AM/MM sear - $15-20
AM/MM vert adapter = $ 10
AM/MM body = $ 15-20. First one is unusual, but not sure if it is some home mod job or not. Could be worth more, maybe someone else knows.
Frames - First one is hacked. IMO it's worthless. Second is a standard CF or possibly cast aluminum, worth maybe $15-20
CP ASA on first one $20-30
All other adapter etc, not worth much. $5-10 each
Barrels, Not familiar with either one. Second one looks pretty beat up, so probabbly not more than $10-15.

Pretty convoluted air set up on the second one.

I haven't been around for more than a couple of years, so I am not familiar with the Bo Peep etc. I know you posted up about this elsewhere, maybe someone will have more info.

I wouldn't have paid more than $115 for the first one and maybe $75-80 for the second. Above prices are approximate parted prices.

monkeyman5710
03-15-2011, 08:38 AM
i paid alot less than than that for both of these and 2 pre-99 cockers

and with the history i feel the second mag is worth alot more than what you said

OPBN
03-15-2011, 08:53 AM
i paid alot less than than that for both of these and 2 pre-99 cockers

and with the history i feel the second mag is worth alot more than what you saidThan you got a decent deal. I won't debate you on the second part, but "history" is in the eye of the beholder. To me, it's worth about what I said. As mentioned in my first post, I don't know about the "nostalgia value", I was simply offering standard resell values according to what I have seen them lately. I Googled Bo Peep and His Sheep and came across a couple of other threads you posted on other forums with essentially the same questions. You obviously know who the previous owner was since you posted a link to a posting regarding his death. Perhaps someone will pay for the history on this, put it in the BST section and find out. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Good luck.

Spider-TW
03-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Definitely some nice parts and good fundamentals in there.

The Lapco grips are pretty scarce, but very comfortable. The CP drop on the first one looks like something I would do. :rolleyes: That first body is neat, even if it's a home mod. The holes definitely look one-off, but the feed neck looks like an AGD euro high-rise. The Armson barrel probably still carries a little more value in good shape ($30?). The back-bottle adapter on the second is nice if you can work it into a build (unlike it's current use).

The bo-peep marker is from the period where you did everything you could to sustain operation with a large volume of CO2 and mags were about the best shooters. Now you have other choices for CO2 as well as HPA. It's not much of a wall hanger, and I don't think it would loose much if you carefully converted it to a back bottle pump mag and put it back on the field. That is the old alloy frame on that one (looks perfect).

That power feed plug is one of the worst for chops. Replace it if you intend to play with the marker. Eeevviiilll I say!

That looks like the old style field strip screw in the bo-peep (no allen socket). Be gentle with it. I milked one for years, but it finally started to separate and became crooked enough to cause trouble.

Ando
03-15-2011, 10:25 AM
You def got a lot going on with that second mag but your money maker is the first.

What you have there is a Euro feed classic mag. The body is stupid rare and you never see them for sale. Someone hacked up the front so that's going to bring the value down considerably. That with the RT valve, CP drop and on/off, you can probably get a good $225. If the body was in original condition. You could have gotten $275-300. Too bad it got hacked though. I would have given you that much for sure. If your looking for a quick sale $200 would be a good mark.

The second mag...Nothing special about it. Just stock parts with an expansion chamber. Back in the day, people would get names blasted on the bodies as a personal touch and to make people think twice about stealing them. Classic mags were $500+ back in the day

EDIT: and as spider pointed out about the frame. You might want to look at the valve. You might have a lvl 5 valve on your hands which you can get some good money for as well.

monkeyman5710
03-15-2011, 10:39 AM
how would i know if it is a lvl 5

68calsportz
03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Whispering death expansion chamber is the best thing you could have for an automag, if you decided to use co2. Nice mags for sure.

Ando
03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Biggest difference is the PT body is held in with a snap ring.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=787

monkeyman5710
03-15-2011, 11:04 AM
on the bo peepmag it looks as thought the power tube screws on?? all the mag valves i have look as though they are welded?

Spider-TW
03-15-2011, 11:09 AM
on the bo peepmag it looks as thought the power tube screws on?? all the mag valves i have look as though they are welded?
The welding was added later. They still screwed on, but were also welded.

Screw ons are good for CO2 play. It's more of a "feature" now, instead of a flaw.

monkeyman5710
03-15-2011, 12:07 PM
if i was to part them out how much would the first mags body be worth

Ando
03-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Like I said before. You never see them for sale. I traded a Classic RT Euro body for one like yours just this past week. That's probably the 2nd classic mag body that's been posted for sale in the last 1 1/2 years (that I know of).

Price wise...Who knows. It's been modded so don't expect much. Like always, it all depends on what the buyer is willing to pay, especially now a days.

need4reebs
03-18-2011, 03:22 AM
pm'd ya