PDA

View Full Version : Halo loudness?

OPBN
03-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I know this is going to be hard to guage without sound files, but how loud should a Halo be? I have two. One is pretty much bone stock with no upgrades that I know of. The second, has a V35 board and some sort of different shells that are split around the side verses in halves. The V35, even set at the slowest speed, is considerably louder than the other. I have taken both apart a couple of times, but never really oiled either. Is there something that I should be lubing/oiling that may make the V35 louder? I noticed too, that it seems to eat batteries much quicker.

kcombs9
03-21-2011, 07:05 AM
I have a V35 halo with the halve shells like your bone stock, I don't think its all that loud so maybe its the difference in shells.

dunno about the battery life, I installed a toggle switch between the battery pack and board to keep it from draining while I'm not using it.

cadams
03-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I have a v35 and I always thought it was really loud. But I've never compared to another halo before. I thought they were just all loud like that.

on battery life - you use a 9V or 6 AAs? I use the AAs and seem to get pretty good battery life. At least a dozen days of use. I can't find any 9V that power anything paintball related thats worth anything.

OPBN
03-21-2011, 02:25 PM
I have a v35 and I always thought it was really loud. But I've never compared to another halo before. I thought they were just all loud like that.

on battery life - you use a 9V or 6 AAs? I use the AAs and seem to get pretty good battery life. At least a dozen days of use. I can't find any 9V that power anything paintball related thats worth anything.
I have the double 9v adapter that I have used as well as double A's. Seems to be harsh on both.

Daze
03-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Those are suicide shells. My suicide shelled "parts" halo seems much louder than my stock halo did. I always thought that it was a dirty motor. Never thought it could be the shells. I need to swap that motor and see if it makes a difference.