Drix
03-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Anyone order these? If so how well did they fit? Still looking for detents

Drix
03-26-2011, 12:09 PM
100 Views and no-one's tried it? :confused:

zondo
03-26-2011, 07:21 PM
I jumped in on the Check-it buy through vf-xx.

Just mentioned it because I felt guilty looking. :)

BigEvil
03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Find some good old cheapo brass cocker detents, or stick with the ones PTP provides. I found that the Check-its are way too soft and paint gets pushed past them pretty easy. I wasnt able to make the springs strong enough to stop it.

The Kilas always end up broken on mags, save your money.

MANN
03-26-2011, 10:14 PM
The Kilas always end up broken on mags, save your money.

The old ones worked great. The new ones not so much.

BigEvil
03-26-2011, 10:24 PM
The old ones worked great. The new ones not so much.

What was the difference? The ones I have arent really new they are about 4 years old. Orange plastic pistons. Very well made, but every one has broken. They work great in my old angels though..

MANN
03-26-2011, 10:28 PM
The ones that were held in by an oring imo did not work good(mine had yellow internals). The ones before that I kept on my xmags(had white internals), and never had any problems. There is another design out now, and I have not tried it.

edit:
I did not realize how many versions were out there. These were the ones I always liked (but mine had white internals instead of black

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/misc/v2/

The ones that came after these did not unscrew( maybe v3?), and held in by an oring. I couldnt find good pics of them. The magnets are able to be mounted on the outside of the detent. The newest ones look to have a jewel on the ends (maybe v4?).

Drix
03-27-2011, 10:49 AM
The ones that were held in by an oring imo did not work good(mine had yellow internals). The ones before that I kept on my xmags(had white internals), and never had any problems. There is another design out now, and I have not tried it.

edit:
I did not realize how many versions were out there. These were the ones I always liked (but mine had white internals instead of black

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/misc/v2/

The ones that came after these did not unscrew( maybe v3?), and held in by an oring. I couldnt find good pics of them. The magnets are able to be mounted on the outside of the detent. The newest ones look to have a jewel on the ends (maybe v4?).

Hmm... This may be problematic- I'm looking for a rebuildable detent because I want a custom anno job and where I'd usually use ANS detents I won't be able to get the effect I want. Still lookin for someone who's tried putting one into their 2k9 :(