PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my friends cocker. PLEASE HELP

IROCU
02-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Ok well my friend decided he wanted to buy a cocker, so he went out and bought a brand new one from a local shop. He went back to his house and hooked up the CO2 verticle (he's getting a bottom line but wanted to see how it shot). Anyways he pulled back the cocking rod shot the gun, but it didn't shoot the balls. It cocks back fine, but it seems like it doesn't have enough pressure to push the ball forward, it has more force coming back then coming forward. I'd try to fix it, but I don't know much about cockers (I'm a mag guy :) ). He didn't mess with anything, the velocity, the timing, CO2 tank was full so I don't know what it could be. I've seen this happen before with a guy at the field. Can someone please help, I really feel bad he just spend over 400 bucks and the darn thing doesn't even shoot a ball. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it, thanks.

IROCU
02-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Nevermind guys I figured it out. I guess he put the bolt in upside down, and apparently cockers can't be ran verticly so I had to have the reg in to make it work. Thanks anyways!

MikeCouves
02-12-2002, 06:57 PM
Phew at least you took it out of vertical! That can blow all the seals. It happened to a local of my field and it cost 50 bucks for him to get all the stuff.

IROCU
02-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Geez that would've sucked. Why do cockers need the reg anyways? Do they need a certain input presure or somethin? Thanks

Butterfingers
02-13-2002, 07:21 PM
For the same reason mags have an integrated reg. To keep velocity consistent, and to adjust velocity. It is rare to find a high end gun now a days without a regulator.

soilent green
02-14-2002, 02:17 PM
yeh you could really mess it up they run at about 400psi in stock form not 800psi wich is around what co2 outputs