PDA

View Full Version : Classic RT Tanks Pulling my hair out

kumijia
03-22-2011, 09:43 PM
OK, I'm back to being steered in the wrong direction again. I have a classic RT, and i ran the flatline on it, (I had my flatline on with dovetail, and a quick disconnect.) . I've been having problems with flatline regs, and a local shop recommended that i get rid of the flatline and go with the micro and the duckbill so i can have several screw in tanks. I give up with people that don't know what they are talking about. When i got my RT, i purposely bought the flatlines for the pressure.

Will the RT work with an 850 output. Is there a screw in tank with the 950-1200 output, or should i just go back to the rail systems?

aerosaaber
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
ninja 1200psi regs are available, I have one.
That's the only new option that I am aware of above the "normal" high pressure regs.

kumijia
03-22-2011, 09:50 PM
are they screw in or rail mounts?

captian pinky
03-22-2011, 10:05 PM
screw in

kumijia
03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
i'll look in to them.

athomas
03-23-2011, 06:02 AM
The RT will work with 850psi also. Tank regulator air flow capacity is as important as the pressure. The Ninja regs do have many good reports. You can make your own adjustments using shims.

38super
03-23-2011, 06:15 AM
FWIW: I just ordered a 1200 psi reg from Ninja. Speaking with their tech (Ray I believe) on the phone, he informs me that these are NOT user adjustable regs. They will be preset to 1200 psi with + - 100 as the standard, though he said typically they come out + - 50.

They have not yet come up with a way to accurately range-adjust these regs so they are selling them as preset only. But he also stated that @ 1200 psi there will be no issue getting the gun to RT reliably.

kumijia
03-23-2011, 07:35 AM
I just had tuna go over the gun and install a level ten. Will that pressure have any effect on it? I assume it's made to handle the same pressure...

athomas
03-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Ninja indicates on their site that they are adjustable using shims. Yoiu can get the 850 psi version and add shims to increase the output. Or you can just get the 1200psi version . I don't think you can go down much pressure with that one though, without changing the spring pack.

38super
03-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Ninja indicates on their site that they are adjustable using shims. Yoiu can get the 850 psi version and add shims to increase the output. Or you can just get the 1200psi version . I don't think you can go down much pressure with that one though, without changing the spring pack.
Yes, according to the Ninja tech the 1200 psi tank is not adjustable. The 850 psi tank is adjustable up to around 950/1000. After that you run the risk of blowing the burst disk. Don't ask me how I know that....

38super
03-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Yes, according to the Ninja tech the 1200 psi tank is not adjustable. The 850 psi tank is adjustable up to around 950/1000. After that you run the risk of blowing the burst disk. Don't ask me how I know that....

Update:
Just got the 1200 reg yesterday and gassed it up for some dry-fire. Final tuning with be at the field but at this point all I can say is wow! Definitely as advertised. Makes me think 426 Hemi with bolt-on supercharger.
Buy with confidence.

kumijia
03-31-2011, 08:18 AM
I talked to ray from ninja, and he's setting me up with one close to 1000. I assume it's the adjustable one with shims. I thought the 1200, would be great, but he said it would basically RT all the time. No single fires, possibly not even a 3 round burst. Which is cool, but for what i play, (mainly woods ball) i don't think it would fit me. So i went with the 1000psi reg, to try it out. I got a new bottle, since mine only has 4 yers left on it's life, should be here early next week. They don't list the 1200 on the site, because the want you to call them, so they go over everything about it. Very cool people.

38super
03-31-2011, 08:31 AM
I talked to ray from ninja, and he's setting me up with one close to 1000. I assume it's the adjustable one with shims. I thought the 1200, would be great, but he said it would basically RT all the time. No single fires, possibly not even a 3 round burst. Which is cool, but for what i play, (mainly woods ball) i don't think it would fit me. So i went with the 1000psi reg, to try it out. I got a new bottle, since mine only has 4 yers left on it's life, should be here early next week. They don't list the 1200 on the site, because the want you to call them, so they go over everything about it. Very cool people.

I think that every X-valve is different in terms of what it needs to RT. So far it has been only dry-fire but from what I observed last evening mine seems to be very controllable for RT'ing in short, controllable bursts. No problem picking off individual shots either. It wouldn't RT at all @ 1000 psi.

They are indeed very cool people. Great customer service.

Justus
03-31-2011, 10:05 AM
It's not just the input psi that causes the RT effect. As was suggested to me some time ago, shaving the on/off pin down will also increase the effect.

My X-valve wouldn't RT at all with 1000 psi and the stock on/off. I put Ochsy's ULT in it, with the same 1000 psi output tank, and it fired like a mini-gun. Then I shaved down my stock on/off pin to a length slightly longer than an Emag on/off pin, swapped back from the ULT, and it RT's just fine now. I can even get it to RT with my GA Myth reg, putting out between 850 and 900 psi.