PDA

View Full Version : Magnus E-90 Mag - Finished!

TwilightG
03-23-2011, 05:26 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/mdsojka/paintball/DSCN2545.jpg

As one of the co-winners (nice job mag79!!) of last year's Venom Challenge @ Tunaball 4 (aka 20010), I managed to walk away with 1/2 of a Mag... the elusive Magnus E-90 frame and a few other parts.

Looked like I had another reason to build yet another Mag ;)
Over the course of the year that followed, I slowly pieced it together:
E-Max valve
Cyberave68 ULE rail
Kapp 15* asa milled by Luke
System X rebuildable detent
CP foregrip
CP 2-piece barrel w/ .682 back
CCM feedneck
(of course, I had to get a matching loader too :p)

I had all of my anodizing handled by Mongoose of Venomous Designs
The marker was assembled and tuned by Big Evil

Arrived on my doorstep last night :D

Unfortunately, I am in very short air supply so I only managed to dry-fire a short burst before the lvl10 started chuffing (MUST get more air today!)

I'm looking forward to unleashing this beast at the West Point Combat Classic this April!
I feel bad for my X-Mag :cry: :p

more pics coming soon!

mag79
03-23-2011, 05:45 AM
She Looks Good, Now how much do want for it? :D

BigEvil
03-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Alex you better make him an offer before he shoots it. Once he does, the price will go way up. :)

SSP REAPER
03-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Very nice. I thought you would have more pictures than just one though...

:D

TwilightG
03-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Very nice. I thought you would have more pictures than just one though...

:D
It was getting dark when I got home from work :p
If there's any sunshine this weekend, I'll have more

TwilightG
03-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Alex you better make him an offer before he shoots it. Once he does, the price will go way up. :)
Finally got a chance to shoot it in my backyard this weekend...
NOT for sale! :p

zondo
03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
How do you like the trigger? I've got one of each (Talon and Sabre)...

TwilightG
03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
How do you like the trigger? I've got one of each (Talon and Sabre)...
I'm planning on doing a more extensive review soon, but I really like it. :)

As for comparing the two, it's hard to say. I have a Talon on my pneumag.
it's hard to say which is ideal for this frame and there's probably no right/wrong answer.

I found that I was able to walk this very easily and my fingers are horribly clumsy when it comes to ripping paint. I suppose that due to the curvature of the sabre, i was less likely to get my finger in the way of the trigger on its return. I can sometimes turn into a short-stroking mess with my pneumag http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif (still need to fine-tune that thing...)

perhaps I should consider putting a sabre on my pneumag too to see if there's a noticeable difference.

as for aesthetics, I prefer the look of the Talon

zondo
03-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm planning on doing a more extensive review soon, but I really like it. :)

As for comparing the two, it's hard to say. I have a Talon on my pneumag.
it's hard to say which is ideal for this frame and there's probably no right/wrong answer.

I found that I was able to walk this very easily and my fingers are horribly clumsy when it comes to ripping paint. I suppose that due to the curvature of the sabre, i was less likely to get my finger in the way of the trigger on its return. I can sometimes turn into a short-stroking mess with my pneumag http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif (still need to fine-tune that thing...)

perhaps I should consider putting a sabre on my pneumag too to see if there's a noticeable difference.

as for aesthetics, I prefer the look of the Talon

Not having a whole lot of experience with the different trigger shapes, I was doing a lot of self-analysis on my trigger walking technique. I found that my index finger was lazy, and I thought the curve on the Saber would help, but it's on my pneumag and I short stroke it as well :rolleyes:

I've got the Talon on my E90 and it rips. I think the board makes up for my shortcomings ;)