PDA

View Full Version : Automag Body help/question

Mime
03-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Hello there gents, I currently own a Tac-one, have for 3 years now. love it. ALTHOUGH. I recently came into possession of two barrel kits, both use 2 inch control bores. And of course. the tac body sits perfectly flush with those control bores.

So I cant screw it in else I'll never get em out.. which has lead me to search around for a body which does not extend past the threading, and the only one i'f found is of course the RPG pariah body, which isnt sold now.

The other bodies are much much more expensive and i'd like to keep this sub 150$ if possible.

I'v been thinking about hack-sawing my tac front off.

any suggestions?

hill160881
03-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Have the front end bored out so it will accept larger diameter barrels.

koleah
03-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Sell Tac body + buy ULE body = ~$50 net gain.

ULE body + hacksaw = Pariah body.

OPBN
03-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Cut the Tac body down. People do it fairly often. If you don't feel comfortable doing it contact www.lukescustoms.com . He offers milling service to create whats called a "mini tac".

Smoothice
03-24-2011, 03:37 PM
It would probably be cheaper and easier just to sell your barrel kits and get one that has a longer back.

Deadly wind barrels are 1 piece and take freak inserts. Or any freak kit has a 6 inch or so back. I have a redz pepper stick kit for sale that has long backs.

There are plenty of options out there that give you a longer back that will work for your setup.

Tac's are sexy. I wouldn't get rid of that for a cut down ule...

Mime
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
yea I dont like cutting the end off if i dont have too. I'll email the mag smith or tunaman and see if you would do a chopped body, maybe? (ule)

Right now I just put light lube onto the back and use a O-ring and tape to secure the front together. works, but last time one got stuck I had a hell of a time getting it out, Not to mention I tried sticking my finger in and twisting to unscrew it.

Dislocated my finger doing so... like a idiot lol.

as for selling em, naw I do like them, I'm trying to sell one off (the Deathstix barrel)
as for the freak barrel. I already have the little Genius of a stock barrel ( the J&J 2 peice) freak bored. with the 0.679 insert it shoots liquid efficient sex

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/Mimical/Flasc003.jpg

here it is before my injury LOL

leloup
03-24-2011, 10:16 PM
That is funny. Luke is a good source to do any mods for you. Had him do a little work, and will again when I find the parts.

Smoothice
03-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Here's my dislocated finger...

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/0523aee6.jpg

my automag
03-25-2011, 01:23 AM

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/0523aee6.jpg

You just had to flip everybody off.... didn't you?

No matter how crooked you did it... wait is that considered swearing at everybody. :confused:

Just kidding. :ninja:

:eek: Ouch, how did that happen, and also hope that healed good for you.

Spider-TW
03-25-2011, 09:05 AM
You could try an expansion nut from the hardware store and make your own "choke wrench". They are like rubber t-nuts. They have a threaded end and a long rubber back. You put them on a bolt and run a nut and washer against the back to squeeze a bulge in the body for a friction fit. The 3/4" size is common and should fit in there.

Mime
03-25-2011, 11:55 AM
I have had success in lubing the breach threading, and putting a O-ring between the Barrel and the bore, then taping it. But still. eh. I do need a good reason to buy more stuff for my mag. Saving for university is a lame excuse for not spending. LOL.

edit: is there like a review section on this forum?
see what people had and have had.

yes i'v been a member for 3 years and only have 32 posts.
Im lamesauce, sorry.

KurtPB
03-25-2011, 04:36 PM
It's somewhat relateable but I use a TechT iFit on my Trracer and instead of trying to reach in and unthread it with my fingers I put pressure on the barrel towards the threads and twist, this unthreads the iFit nearly every time.

Newt
03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Dislocated finger...yeah, that's not a fun experience. :ninja:

Just throwing an idea out:
You could build a removal tool if you're reasonably handy. Find a soft rubber tube just under the size of the barrel ID. Then get about 1" of dowel just about the size of the ID of the rubber tube, and joint it onto a smaller, longer dowel (which will be your handle). Rubber sleeve goes loosely over small dowel handle section, and the whole assembly is inserted large end first into the small control bore. Pull large dowel forward into rubber sleeve, expanding the rubber sleeve and forcing it to pressure against the barrel ID. Now you just turn the tool to thread the barrel off.

Spider-TW
03-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Did you end up pulling that one straight?

Smoothice
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Did you end up pulling that one straight?

I went to the ER like a big wuss. There happened to be a nurse there when it happened and she said she had never seen a finger that bad and it NOT be broken. So she said I should just go to the ER since it was most likely broken and have a pro do it.

Luckily it wasn't broken. So the Doc number me up and pulled it straight. After 3 months of physical therapy and almost a year later my finger only straightens out about 95% of normal and goes into a fist about 95% of normal. But the knuckle is still significantly bigger...

Tropical Life
03-28-2011, 09:30 PM
VODKA thats all I gotta say about smoothice finger...