PDA

View Full Version : Best Lpr for a Pneumag???

Loneassassin
03-28-2011, 07:34 AM
I need to replace the Tickler on my Pneumag. I bought a Crossfire tank recently, and it worked great on my Mag - better recharge so I could really go to town on the trigger - but that was when it was filled to ~1300psi from my scuba tank. I got it filled before playing last weekend, aired up my Mag, and it wouldn't fire. It's like the output pressure went up just enough that the Tickler couldn't handle it.

I've had this problem with my other tanks as well, when they are fully filled. It is definitely the Lpr - it just basically locks up. You can hear it hissing when I fire, but it won't trip the 3-way. This is with it turned up all the way. (Actually, it never works unless it's turned up nearly all the way - yet the ULT barely requires any effort to trip - it's just that the Tickler only works on the "full pressure" setting.

So anyway, what should I look for in a real Lpr? (I will not try another Tickler - mine works fine when the pressures are lower - but as we know with Mags, you don't want to go on the field with a half-filled tank.)

I have an AKA SCM III on my E-cocker, which is an amazing Lpr for that application, but I haven't been able to find out if it can handle full tank output. Nobody seems to know, lol.

I've also looked into the Palmer's Micro Rock. Can they handle a full tank output? I've also entertained the idea of just using a full-on inline reg turned down to 40psi - but I'd rather not spend quite that much.

Ando
03-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Micro Rock is going to be your best bet. They usually go used for around $30. Only issue is, depending on the type of grip your using (if it's going in a sleeper), they can be a little large and might need to get your panels or the LPR milled.

hill160881
03-28-2011, 08:18 AM
^^^^what he said^^^^

The palmers has a max input pressure of 1300 psi, instead of 850 like most LPRs

The scmIII is NOT good for higher than 550 psi input pressure, and has a max input of 850. There is only one brand of LPR on the market that is rated for what you want to do and it is the palmers.

p8ntbrawler70
03-28-2011, 01:23 PM
What is the max input pressure of an ANS jackhammer II. I saw one of these the other day for sale and am building a Pneumag also . I bought a ULF frame so I don't think it will be a sleeper, not sure about how much room is in there yet. Any help would be great.

Loneassassin
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
^^^^what he said^^^^

The palmers has a max input pressure of 1300 psi, instead of 850 like most LPRs

The scmIII is NOT good for higher than 550 psi input pressure, and has a max input of 850. There is only one brand of LPR on the market that is rated for what you want to do and it is the palmers.

Thanks a lot! You might have saved me from ruining an SCM III, lol. I'll begin looking for a Micro-Rock. Thanks everyone else too!