PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve question

M98Punk
03-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Does anyone do X-valve engraving and anodizing? I have one on the way to finish a project, but I wanted to add some engraving over the X and possibly modify the serial number.... and I want it purple

hill160881
03-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Arnolds mettal finishing has recently done a valve for me. The darker the color, the more you will notice the difference in color between the different aluminum's, and some colors dont show it at all. You dont have to remove the SS pin with arnolds either. They mask it off. It worked perfectly after i reassembled it, no leakes.

Speak to Arnold or Danial.

Also they match colors very well.

http://arnoldmetalfinishing.com/anodizing.html

M98Punk
03-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I was planning on shipping the whole damn thing off.... body, grip frame, direct feed, powerfeed, barrel kit, and Valve.

I want it a orange on purple combination, but the valve I want to have MircoMeg put on over the X with the same font as micromag uses, then I wanna see if I can change the serial number to M&A082408 or something like that.

going_home
03-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Just keep in mind if its a valve that needs to be stripped.....even after stripping and re-anodizing, the original lasering will still be slightly visible.

:ninja:

M98Punk
03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Well I wanted to keep the X and write over it so it still being visible is desirable

Justus
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a present for a significant other... perhaps one named Meg?

M98Punk
03-30-2011, 07:20 AM
lol more of an ode. I was trying to get her into the sport last year, which gave me an excuse to build a new micro. Well she wasn't so keen on getting hit with paint at 280fps (yet) but the MircoMegX build still went forward. And now it is at the point where I get to groan about how it will cost almost as much to make it pretty as it did to build it BUT it will be nice to finish a build, especially one as creative as this

hill160881
03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Lasermy gun .com can do the whole thing
A guy on mcb says they are cheap and do good work.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-reviews/153808-lasermygun-com-anno.html