PDA

View Full Version : Large AO games in Canada?

OneSelfLost
03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
So I often read about large AO games like Tunaball, Clare-ball, and Cureball here on AO, and I feel like I'm missing out on all the action! Either we should organise a good game for Ontario or I need to Haul-butt to the states for one of these! Never once have I seen another Mag on the field other than my own, it'd be nice to see more tho. That's my thought of the day.

Spazmok
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
it'd be nice to set something up for the spring/summer, I just don't think there are that many of us around the GTA.

OneSelfLost
03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Thats for sure, I know a couple in the general area, but not enough to make a game out of.

mustangguy
03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
where in Ontario are you guys......I am in London, building my first Mag....almost done....got it under 2lbs allready.

OneSelfLost
03-29-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm in Burlington, 45 minutes out of Toronto, about 1.5 - 2 hours from London. Have mag, will travel.

Spazmok
03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm right in toronto. depending on numbers and if people want to play indoors I might be able to swing some kind of deal at my field for an automag day.

my automag
03-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I always wondered about something like this.

I'm interested, :rofl:

maybe I can stop wondering soon.... :shooting:

gunman_2000
03-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Oakville, just got my toxic body. Planning on moving to Toronto this summer though.
There were a few mags at the MCB get togethers I've been too, but its almost expected with that crowd, I even used mine once when we went to Flag Raiders outdoor. Felt so good to lay down some fire.

I'm sure there are enough GTA local mag members around that there could be a small get together planned at some point.

BigEvil
03-29-2011, 09:15 PM
If I remember correctly, Creative Mayhem has had an AO Canada game or two way back. It could be done. :cheers:

Ratzo
03-29-2011, 09:43 PM
The last AO game in Ontario I remember was in 2005 at Niagara Tactical, if I recall the date correct.
Sadly I missed it because of prior commitments but I understand they had a good crowd.
A bunch of our American brethren came up for the event.

OneSelfLost
03-31-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm right in toronto. depending on numbers and if people want to play indoors I might be able to swing some kind of deal at my field for an automag day.

I'm down anytime! Call the day and we should all make it happen!

my automag
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok, before I commit to this even if it does happen, I will first need to re-hydro an air tank to use. :cry:

So.... I was wondering, where do you guys test your out of hydro tanks in the GTA or Canada?

Thank you for any help.

38super
04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm in Burlington also. Ultimate PB in Milton is a half hour from my place and a great place to play.
Edit to note: something that might be cool is getting all the Mag guys together for a walk-on day and taking on all comers.

kevdupuis
04-04-2011, 02:39 PM
The last AO game in Ontario I remember was in 2005 at Niagara Tactical, if I recall the date correct.
Sadly I missed it because of prior commitments but I understand they had a good crowd.
A bunch of our American brethren came up for the event.

I might be up for another AO Canada get together depending on my work and vacation schedule.

OneSelfLost
04-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Ok, before I commit to this even if it does happen, I will first need to re-hydro an air tank to use. :cry:

So.... I was wondering, where do you guys test your out of hydro tanks in the GTA or Canada?

Thank you for any help.

Float n Flag dive shop in Burlington did mine for $25

my automag
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Float n Flag dive shop in Burlington did mine for $25

Hey not bad about 100km's or less from me, I might check them out.

Did you have to remove your regulator or will they deal with it, any special requirements from them?

Did you drop it of, or ship it to them?

What was the turnaround time for you?

Finally did they "UGLY" up your tank or reg at all?

Thank you for sharing your info.
D.K.

Any other suggestions out there?

OneSelfLost
04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey not bad about 100km's or less from me, I might check them out.

Did you have to remove your regulator or will they deal with it, any special requirements from them?

Did you drop it of, or ship it to them?

What was the turnaround time for you?

Finally did they "UGLY" up your tank or reg at all?

Thank you for sharing your info.
D.K.

Any other suggestions out there?

Your reg must be removed, they refused to remove it due to liability issues. I guess they don't want to be responsible if they bugger up your reg, understandable tho.

I dropped it off and it was about 3 weeks turn around time, which is long, yes, but they wait until they have a few tanks in before doing the tests. No point spending 2 hours calibrating the rig for one tank. Apparently they get quite a few in and if they don't they will do yours and take the loss (time).

my automag
04-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Your reg must be removed, they refused to remove it due to liability issues. I guess they don't want to be responsible if they bugger up your reg, understandable tho.

I dropped it off and it was about 3 weeks turn around time, which is long, yes, but they wait until they have a few tanks in before doing the tests. No point spending 2 hours calibrating the rig for one tank. Apparently they get quite a few in and if they don't they will do yours and take the loss (time).

Cool, so do they call you and tell you to come pick it up, or do you set up for them to ship it back to you when they are done?

Do you happen to know also if they do a deal on multiple tanks?

I wonder if I asked for them to call and let me know the day they are going to hydro, and if I could just drive over and get it over with in one day and trip, that would be perfect.

I might give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do.

Thank you again, this helps greatly already.
D.K.

ricco220273
05-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I myself have a couple of mags and so do two of my friends
So that makes three
We would be willing to travel to a mag event
Just name the time and the place

Hook
05-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm in the Ottawa area and we've got a strong Automag user base around here. I know at least a dozen mag players!

jade_monkey07
05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
im the only mag in calgary that i have seen. i used to be part of the ottawa crowd!

kevdupuis
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
im the only mag in calgary that i have seen. i used to be part of the ottawa crowd!

That's because my son is now posted to Cold Lake, though Calgary used to have a few mag owners.

OneSelfLost
05-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I've set something up, hope you guys can make it!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2764845#post2764845