PDA

View Full Version : KEE buys SP IP

OPBN
03-31-2011, 06:21 AM
Saw this over on MCB and was surprised it hadnt been posted up here yet.

March 30, 2011. KEE Action Sports, LLC. announces today that it has acquired the intellectual property portfolio of Smart Parts.

KEE believes it was critical to paintball that the portfolio stayed inside the industry. KEE’s President and CEO, John Robinson, said that “KEE is committed to growing paintball participation industry-wide and that KEE intends to use the intellectual property assets in a manner consistent with that goal.”

In a letter to be sent out shortly, KEE will inform current license holders how it intends to continue to work with them under their current license arrangements.

KEE welcomes contacts from other companies interested in pursuing a partnership relating to its new IP assets.

shooter311
03-31-2011, 07:26 AM
The ION lives on!!!! I was really worried there for a while :cool:

Hook
03-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Awesome news for the paintball community. I never liked SP markers for the simple fact that it was rand by the Gardners.

Hopefully Kee will turn this around. Does this mean that GoG is now Kee-owned or the the SP IP?

going_home
03-31-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm not seeing how this will change the situation any
for those paying extortion blood money for a bogus
electronic patent.

Someone should start a petition to get KEE
to divest itself of the bogus patent and make it
free to the masses.

We would soon find out if they really want to
help the sport, or just a continuation of holding the
sport hostage.

:mad:

Justus
03-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Well they did invest something to acquire the IP, and I'm sure it's not a charity case they're thinking about. After all, they've got shareholders to own up to.

But even if they just loosen up the hold to make the IP licenses more available at prices that companies could live with, it's a positive for the whole sport.

death594
03-31-2011, 11:35 AM
i say use the new patent like smart parts did to kill gog and the Gardners. then lower the price so that other companies could use the technology.

going_home
03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
i say use the new patent like smart parts did to kill gog and the Gardners. then lower the price so that other companies could use the technology.

Good luck with that.
The Gardners business is in Costa Rica.

* GOG Paintball SA
* Las Terrazas Building A, 5th floor
* Plaza Roble Escazu
* San Jose, Costa Rica

:ninja:

sjrtk
04-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Good luck with that.
The Gardners business is in Costa Rica.

* GOG Paintball SA
* Las Terrazas Building A, 5th floor
* Plaza Roble Escazu
* San Jose, Costa Rica

:ninja:

No problem just about everything that comes in to the country paintball related is imported by KEE. Just slap an injunction on GoG and tie there junk up in customs untill the cows come home.

Even better, were are they building this stuff? If they are in the US patent infringement.
Just because you are based in Costa Rica you have to follow US laws on import.