PDA

View Full Version : CCM feedneck won't fit in Venomous body

Shirow
04-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I purchased a Venomous body from Mongoose along with a CCM feedneck. I haven't had a chance to use the body since I received it and took it out for the first time today. The feedneck seemed to screw in OK the first time but came loose almost instantly and now doesn't fit at all. It is so loose that, even if I can get it to lock a little, if you pull up on it it comes straight out of the body.

Anyone else had this problem? Is it an issue with the feednecks? Hoping it's not the body but I don't have another feedneck to test with.

Hoping someone else has had this problem and it's just the feedneck - if so, I will just look for another one (any suggestions?)

mag79
04-03-2011, 12:51 PM
The thread pitch might be different. It needs to be angel threads.

Shirow
04-03-2011, 12:56 PM
The thread pitch might be different. It needs to be angel threads.

Yeah, I got the feedneck from Mongoose so I'm a little surprised it doesn't fit but that was my thought. Eyeballing the threads and 'measuring' them with a dental pick they seem to match, it's almost like the hole in the body is a tiny bit too large for them to catch properly.

Shirow
04-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm contemplating just using red Locktite to get the damn thing to stay in there.. I can't imagine Mongoose shipped me one with the threading wrong. I don't know what's up with it, pain in the ass though, ended up not being able to play today because my feedneck kept falling out.

OPBN
04-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Is this the only feedneck you have? Try one from another body.

Shirow
04-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Is this the only feedneck you have? Try one from another body.

Unfortunately it is the only feedneck I have now. It seemed to fit fine when I got it so I sold my other body/feedneck

It came loose once I put a full hopper on it

Now it won't even screw in without the hopper attached

Shirow
04-03-2011, 08:32 PM
For those of you with Venomous bodies, what feednecks are you using? I know the CCMs fit in some bodies as I've seen photographs of them using these feednecks.

Mine almost seems like it catches on the little hump on the neck of the feedneck itself that begins right after the threads.. it's rubbing against the back of the hole in the body the feedneck screws into. I think this is stopping the threads getting deep enough into the body to catch, not sure though.

SSP REAPER
04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Mongoose obtained the CCM feednecks from me. They are all angel threaded. I would suggest contacting Mongoose with pictures also so he can help you with the issue.

Pics would help here too of course :)

Shirow
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Mongoose obtained the CCM feednecks from me. They are all angel threaded. I would suggest contacting Mongoose with pictures also so he can help you with the issue.

Pics would help here too of course :)

Here is a video!

Hopefully you get the gist though, I tried to point out where it was rubbing and show how it isn't catching at all. It is rubbing on the shoulder of the feedneck and on the body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1yH_f78F6c

I did contact Mongoose, he asked me to send it back.. I'd really like to try and figure it out sooner though, hoping to actually get out and play for the first time in months next weekend :)

BigEvil
04-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I have one of every one of his bodies and the angel ccms fit fine. :confused:

Shirow
04-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I have one of every one of his bodies and the angel ccms fit fine. :confused:

I think I am just cursed between the problems I had with the rail and now this damn feedneck

I sat here all night screwing it in and out thinking it might wear enough anno away to catch and get in there but no luck

Beemer
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Those feed neck threads are whack. Stop messing with it before you whack the threads on the body, if you havent already. :(

Shirow
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Those feed neck threads are whack. Stop messing with it before you whack the threads on the body, if you havent already. :(

You think so?

The threads still look pretty decent in terms of being well defined on both the body and the feedneck but that's kinda the conclusion I'm at right now as well, can't see what else is up with it.

OPBN
04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately it is the only feedneck I have now. It seemed to fit fine when I got it so I sold my other body/feedneck

It came loose once I put a full hopper on it

Now it won't even screw in without the hopper attached
Keeping this as proof for my wife there is a reason to have more than one marker at a time.

Yeah, but looks like something definitely isnt right with that. Hope it gets made right for you.

Shirow
04-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Keeping this as proof for my wife there is a reason to have more than one marker at a time.

The funny thing is I had this exact conversation with my wife earlier today.

I went down to the field, knew it was going to rain but figured I could get in a couple of hours.

Get down there, my fittings start leaking out of the blue. Fix that, feedneck falls out. I mess with the marker for 90 minutes, it starts raining and I end up just leaving.

If I had a spare marker, I could've played at least!

She told me to get one but, unfortunately, she doesn't manage the finances so she doesn't know I really can't afford it ;)

Beemer
04-03-2011, 10:02 PM
You think so?

The threads still look pretty decent in terms of being well defined on both the body and the feedneck but that's kinda the conclusion I'm at right now as well, can't see what else is up with it.

Got a pic of the threads? Pretty decent to what? Virgin threads?

Shirow
04-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Got a pic of the threads? Pretty decent to what? Virgin threads?

Well, I mean they are not cross-threaded or full of junk or anything

Here's a pic

http://i.imgur.com/RGOt3l.jpg

I have given up trying to get it in there though, it's obviously not working right and I definitely don't want to screw up the body

Beemer
04-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Yup those are whacked. What do the body threads look like?

Shirow
04-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Yup those are whacked. What do the body threads look like?

I'd show you but camera battery is dead, charging now

Pretty similar from just eyeballing

Ando
04-04-2011, 07:12 AM
I haven't had any issues with my 2 bodies.

Shirow
04-04-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm just going to buy another feedneck from SSP and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll part this mag out and you can all have at it :p

XM15
04-04-2011, 11:15 AM
It might be the flash but the crest of the threads look flat. They should be close to a sharp point.

Mongoose
04-04-2011, 11:24 AM
this is what i think is wrong, the body is fine. The feedneck was stripped blasted and reannoed so it would be dust black. i think this one was not properly done.

Send me back just the feedneck and i will send you out another one.

lets try this before the body gets damaged.

Shirow
04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
this is what i think is wrong, the body is fine. The feedneck was stripped blasted and reannoed so it would be dust black. i think this one was not properly done.

Send me back just the feedneck and i will send you out another one.

lets try this before the body gets damaged.

Thanks, I'll shoot it over to you. I already have another feedneck coming from SSP that I'll probably have to test with before I get this one back to you but I'll ship it back for you to check out anyway.

knownothingmags
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
from your video it looks to "me" like you were to hasty and didnt handle things with "kid hands", so what i am seeing is the threads are possibly done. looks to me you might have cross threaded some how and taken the threads to absolute minnimum on the feedneck at least. the body threads might still be ok.

ill read more of the thread and see what people have posted.

thanks,
knownothingmags.

Here is a video!

Hopefully you get the gist though, I tried to point out where it was rubbing and show how it isn't catching at all. It is rubbing on the shoulder of the feedneck and on the body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1yH_f78F6c

I did contact Mongoose, he asked me to send it back.. I'd really like to try and figure it out sooner though, hoping to actually get out and play for the first time in months next weekend :)

knownothingmags
04-04-2011, 01:20 PM
looks to be handled.
sorry for my 2cents.

good job on the thoughts guys,

knownothingmags.

Shirow
04-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Big thanks to SSP to shipping me a new feedneck so quickly. I got it too today and it screwed right in with no problems so thankfully it was just an issue with the original feedneck.

Thanks again SSP!

SSP REAPER
04-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Big thanks to SSP to shipping me a new feedneck so quickly. I got it too today and it screwed right in with no problems so thankfully it was just an issue with the original feedneck.

Thanks again SSP!
No worries. :cheers:

Smoothice
04-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Glad this all worked out. Thanks for making great products Mongoose!!!!

BigEvil
04-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Glad this all worked out. Thanks for making great products Mongoose!!!!

Yeah this^
Great products + great customer service is something this community has been in short supply of for years.

Now Shirow can keep his mag and knows how to screw in a feedneck. WIN-WIN BABY!

Shirow
04-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah this^
Great products + great customer service is something this community has been in short supply of for years.

Now Shirow can keep his mag and knows how to screw in a feedneck. WIN-WIN BABY!

Maybe I'll ship you the other feedneck and you can screw it in somewhere :rofl:

BigEvil
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Maybe I'll ship you the other feedneck and you can screw it in somewhere :rofl:

I bet I can get it to fit :eek:

Shirow
04-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I bet I can get it to fit :eek:

I bet you can too :p