PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Body on Emag Lowers?

pinkanese
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I understand the difference in the body mounting points and that I would have to mill a pocket in the Emag rail but is there anything else that would be an issue? I am assuming not I just want to be sure.

SkinnyHare
04-03-2011, 10:36 PM
no, not as long as it gets milled right. i had Luke's Customs do it for me, worked out just fine.

Smoothice
04-04-2011, 09:40 AM
i believe you can also modify the minimag body instead of messing with the emag rail.

OPBN
04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
i believe you can also modify the minimag body instead of messing with the emag rail.
You can file down the pim on the Minimag body. But please, for the love of God, if it's an uncut centerfeed MM body, please don't.

pinkanese
04-04-2011, 10:21 AM
nah it has to be a powerfeed so i can run a warp. :)

What sort of on/off do I need for Emag lowers? Would an r/t on/off with a quad oring work?

OPBN
04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
RT on/off with .712 pin and quad o-rings. From my understanding, you can do it with a ULT, but it's difficult.

athomas
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes, the 0.712" RT pin with quad oring is the correct on-off.

Yes, file the pim so that it is round and it will fit the emag rail.

Justus
10-20-2011, 08:40 PM
What's the best method to do this with home tools (dremel and hand files)? And would it be better to file the pim on the minimag body, or mill out the rail?

sQuidvision
10-20-2011, 09:36 PM
you switching up the etac Justus? you just got your rail milled!

Justus
10-20-2011, 10:05 PM
No no. I just need to finish the Minimag that I'm building for my father-in-law. I'm using an RT Pro rail because I need the length on the bottom. Same concept as above, so I didn't want to start a new thread.

OneSelfLost
10-20-2011, 11:36 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257080

Fits and funtions no problem. I just ground the sides of the pim down.

Justus
10-21-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257080

Fits and funtions no problem. I just ground the sides of the pim down.

Just the front and back of the pim? You didn't have to grind on the sides, did you? And did you use a dremel or something?

theGOLDENchild
10-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I found it helpful to thread a short screw all the way into the pim and then use the head of the screw as a guide for how much to dremel off. Doing it this way produces a nice round pim.

Justus
10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey that's a good tip. Thanks!

OneSelfLost
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I found it helpful to thread a short screw all the way into the pim and then use the head of the screw as a guide for how much to dremel off. Doing it this way produces a nice round pim.

Nice! good idea!

Yes, I had used a dremmel, and a file to smooth it out. The sides of the pim had to be taken down a bit if I recall correctly.

Justus
11-08-2011, 10:55 AM
My battery-powered dremel wasn't up to the task, and I didn't want to hand file it all. So I broke down and bought a nice corded dremel tool finally. I went through a couple of the small grinding bits (both broke), but I got the job done. I didn't get a pic yet, though, so I've got nothing to actually show for it here on the forums. But it does look good. I just want to bead-blast the body now to give it a nice even dust finish like the other minimag I built.

The short screw worked like a charm, as long as I didn't nick it too much with the grinder. Otherwise it tended to want to unscrew rapidly, lol!