PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest thing you have done on a paintball field

talls
02-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Ok lets here some of the embarassing moments that you guys have experienced while playing.

Mine has to be about a year ago when I was going to bunker someone and my pack fell off. I went to stop to pick it up, but seeing how it had poored down rain the night before the ground was a little wet. Yep you guessed it, I busted it right in the middle of the field. And to add insult to injury the guy I was going to bunker came and did me in. So what is everyones all time embarassing moments?

personman
02-12-2002, 07:50 PM
At my birthday party, when I first used my m98, I was playing, and my brothers friend asked me to use it, so Im like ok, and he uses it. Game over, then I ask for it back so I can load it up to play next round while he is still on the field. He hands it to me around the netting, barrel plug off, and I give him back his rental gun. So I walk about 10 steps and someone yells "DUDE WHERES YOUR BARREL PLUG!?!" and Im like aw ****. And I yell through the netting "You forgot the barrel plug!" And he is like "Oh.." so he hands it to me..
I felt really stupid.

Failure
02-12-2002, 08:57 PM
Every time I go out and play with my friend he feels the need to kick something and act like a tough guy if he gets eliminated...thats extremely embarassing. I'm working with him on that though.

SoupRman
02-12-2002, 09:25 PM
along time ago, playign a little rec. ball, guard the flag and i was teh defensive team. there is a boundary that we cannot pass, but the offensive team surrounding the peremter had no limits. so before the games starts 10.. 9.. i wanted to be all the way in the front, to make a few eliminations. i pop offlike 20 balls, pop, pop, i think i get one. but to make a long story short, i was payin more attention to cow patties then where i was and a ref called me out of bounds. i went to the staging area, but an older player and a ref, made a big deal out of "converting" me to the other side 2-waying all the other refs.

might not sound alot, but i sure was embarrassed.

ThePatriot
02-12-2002, 10:19 PM
Beat this...it was a speedballish field, bunkers made of big plastic sewer piping and wooden bunkers. In the middle of the game i decide to sprint up to the 50 bunker, yeah well the big black piping stuff wasnt quite as heavy as i had originally thought....I came from a full sprint, and slammed into it to stop, knocking it over. This left me totally exposed, caught in the crossfire of my team and the enemy, without protection...i did make it to another bunker tho, but dam, i felt sooooo stupid, everyone saw me knock it over to.

Crazy
02-12-2002, 10:26 PM
getting laned off the break :rolleyes:

InfinatyBPS
02-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Well... I shot myself in the eye for one thing, do a search in main forum for that one... And umm the same day as that, I ripped my camo pants in half, because I forgot a belt and was sagging so i went to squat and RRRRIIIIIIIIP!!! Well that sucked... and once at paintball camp, I got a 14" barrel and... :p Ill just leave it at that(think back to american pie by the way)
;)

MajorDamage
02-13-2002, 02:34 AM
1on1 pump tourney. I win. I then walk off the field...without hanging(or grabbing for that matter) the flag! lol! It was pretty funny. Then some newbie did the same thing later that day, everyone has to copy me lol :D. But that was probably the worst thing Ive done. My hopper has fallen off a few times(especially when I dive into the snake...:D) and me and my friend once took out like two or three guys from who were on our team at a "big game"(scenario type thingy) lol it was kinda funny.

ENDO!

Lord Vader
02-13-2002, 04:37 AM
I was playing some speedball at Arkenstone in Georgia, and on the break, I trip on this guys foot and spill all my hopper. Hehe.

MAGS own YOU
02-13-2002, 05:49 AM
It was either when i was going to bunker someone when I had forgotten to turn on my rev.... or when I was at the 50 shooting and I got shot, I stood up and like 4 of my pods just fell out and opened up.

Cha0tic
02-13-2002, 07:47 AM
tripped as i dove into the snake, landed before i got into the snake, spilt my hopper, gun flew 5 feet away from me, and i got shot about 4-5 times.

personman
02-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
Beat this...it was a speedballish field, bunkers made of big plastic sewer piping and wooden bunkers. In the middle of the game i decide to sprint up to the 50 bunker, yeah well the big black piping stuff wasnt quite as heavy as i had originally thought....I came from a full sprint, and slammed into it to stop, knocking it over. This left me totally exposed, caught in the crossfire of my team and the enemy, without protection...i did make it to another bunker tho, but dam, i felt sooooo stupid, everyone saw me knock it over to.
The EXACT same thing happened with my brothEr! Only he was playing hyperball, and SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN THE BUNKER WITH HIM!! LOL

PBpunk
02-13-2002, 12:52 PM
alright here it is
i make a break to a bunker at about the 50 but what i didnt know is there is also a bad guy at the 50 right next to me. so i run in the this huge crossfire get get hit abot 10 time like twice in the mask. and everyone on the field starts laughing so i get mad and start shooting again. and this guy starts shooting back so i charge him slip and fall on my face and everyone laughs again.
damn that sucks and im retarded

personman
02-13-2002, 01:12 PM
OOT: Hey punk, where do you play?

Marlfox
02-13-2002, 08:52 PM
My mask came loose and fell down around my neck during a game and the refs saw me. :(

LaW
02-14-2002, 07:33 AM
Well i was cleaning the porting on my all american barrel like 2 years ago and i tip the marker upside down and dry fire... no pballs come out good none in the breech... well i cover the top with my hand to clean the porting and bam hehe my hand hurt.... but not really it was just really numb.

ronron2112
02-14-2002, 08:03 AM
dead mans walk that went wrong.. now i know the "true" meaning to being lit up.. wow most pain(t)full experiance of my paintball career :eek:

personman
02-14-2002, 08:59 AM
Oh, heres another. Diddnt happen on a field, but it was really dumb. I was recording an action figure movie thing that wuz supposed to be funny, with chalk citys on my driveway and stuff, and little mcdonalds toys, and I was shooting the city with paintballs, and once I was out, I started dryfiring at my friend, who was holding the camera, and after the 5th dryfire, a ball came out and hit his @$$ :eek: :eek: from two feet away :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

beam
02-14-2002, 11:22 AM
2 summers ago, i was on a speedball field that had spool bunkers. at the 50 on both the left and right tape there was a giant spool (my favorite place off the break)

So I hit the left one, and straight ahead of me there is an opposing player....doesn't see me. I can't see him either, but I know he is there because fire is coming from there. I think, "If I can bunker that dude, I will have a wide open shot at everyone else from there!"

Now, this field has a no bunkering rule. You don't shoot them, you yell "LIVE OR DIE!"

So I charge this bunker....come around and yell "LIVE OR DIE!" only there is no one there!!!!!! The guy was one more bunker back!!!! Needless to say, I had my lunch handed to me....and the ref that was on that side saw the whole thing....he bout hit the ground laughing so hard.

Scooter/Cootie
02-14-2002, 12:14 PM
Mine was in a tournament. It was the last game of the finals and if we win we get first place, if we lose we get third. I was playing back right and my front player was 1 bunker up on the right tape.

The front player on the opposite side moved into a bunker right in front of my front player. I saw him move and tried to get him on the run but I blasted my front player in the back!:eek:

Needless to say, we got third place. ;)

Wang
02-14-2002, 06:23 PM
I got a pretty good one:

The first tourney I went to was a 3-man novice. The second game we played, we cleared the field in about 30 seconds. Only we didn't know it was cleared. So, the three of us, stand there with our guns pointed at the other end of the field, keep yelling at each other, "ARE THERE ANY LEFT? HOW MANY DID YOU TAKE OUT?" Finally, after about 20 seconds, one of our players grabs and hangs the flag. All the spectators were looking at us like we were morons.

To top it off, we came in last at the tourney :mad: .

-§on-
02-14-2002, 07:54 PM
I will get XspyX to post one of his up about a CTF game, opps I mean elimination so it didn't matter. He tells the story good....Anyway, I was playing one day at a scenario game comming back from the shop to get an air fill. I just got my Emag and I jumped into the scenario game and this massive fire fight. I had it on "E" mode and this guy asked for cover fire. I was like ok, I popped up and was getting ready to give cover fire until I realized that when I started firing like 20 balls nothing happened except my warp feed spun. Oh yeah, I forgot to take my battery key out! Needless to say the other guy got out and was pissed at me... Opps! :confused:

MajorDamage
02-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by -§on-
I will get XspyX to post one of his up about a CTF game, opps I mean elimination so it didn't matter. He tells the story good....Anyway, I was playing one day at a scenario game comming back from the shop to get an air fill. I just got my Emag and I jumped into the scenario game and this massive fire fight. I had it on "E" mode and this guy asked for cover fire. I was like ok, I popped up and was getting ready to give cover fire until I realized that when I started firing like 20 balls nothing happened except my warp feed spun. Oh yeah, I forgot to take my battery key out! Needless to say the other guy got out and was pissed at me... Opps! :confused:
LOL! I did the same thing 2 Saturdays ago! lol! Off the break I run to a standup on about the 30, and I have a real nice shot of a guy on my mirror, I start hitting the trigger...nothing! My battery key is in! Oops!

ENDO!

Jonno06
02-15-2002, 05:29 AM
I have 2 good ones,both last weekend in jupiter....The first time I was on the bank of this river shooting at people in the woods,and i get up to move down alittle bit,and i bust arse,right in the mud.....then...later,i was up against the tape,and i get up to run up some,and i trip over this root,and fall on the face(ask patriot)I didnt get shot or anything,it was just embarrasing.....:rolleyes:

ThePatriot
02-15-2002, 06:51 AM
lol jonno...yep, you fell on your arse faster than the fat "female dog" who sat down to fast

circa3182
02-15-2002, 08:13 AM
I was playing a couple of weekends ago and I was trecking down a frozen creek. My friend was taping the whole game and got me falling in as the ice broke. Luckily mags can be submersed in water. HAHA. Needless to say it was a cold day.

XspyX
02-15-2002, 09:08 AM
Ok, and now for my story:

This was back in the day when we were semi-newbs. We were playing a team of mags and we had or tipps/spyders. We were pretty intimidated by them. Anyway the game starts and I run to a nice bunker. I am almost mid field and I can see the flag in the middle. All I had to do was grab that and the game was over. I lean out the right side and pop a few shots which gets some kids head down. Then I make a break for it. I run and grab the flag. Gave over right? Then I hear the ref yell: Red has grabbed the flag! TOO bad this is elimination! I felt pretty stupid and I got lit up to boot! :(

It was a fun day though :p

cphilip
02-15-2002, 09:33 AM
Playing hyperball for the first time. I am the only man left on our side. Three kids have me pinched, two directly in front, and one off to the right of me. I am running out of paint. They will not move in. I decide to make a move on them and go out in a blaze of glory or surprise and stun them one. So I step out firing like mad in bursts alternating between each of them and as I start to run...but...I trip over the hard pipe inflating the Bunkers that I never saw. Never look down! Stumbling and Falling...falling...falling....as they recover from their surprise and start to light me up. I spill to the ground my hopper flies off, my maker grip stabs me in the side knocking half the breath out of me and as I hit the ground my mask dislodges and comes nearly off. Skin the heck out of my elbow. Game is over. For just one split second as I can charging out I saw their eyes get big. I had em! I know I did. Dang it. Then my moment of glory passed as I felt the pipe with my foot and it was turned to shame. They called me "Wild Man" for the rest of the day though.

Fun day realy. They didn't talk smack to me the rest of the day after they quit laughing.

BTAutoMag
02-15-2002, 12:09 PM
shooting the ref 4 time within 2 hours of play:D that was awkward but the most embarrasing thing i can think of is when i was outta balls and had to reload and someone bunkered me. i was so freaked out that the half that was in my hopper fell on the floor and the ones still in the tube went flying and went everywhere.

rios_creos
02-15-2002, 12:31 PM
when i first started reading this thread i didn't think i had any bad experiences. then i started thinking...

first time at a real field, 5 vs 5. me and my friend have played before the rest on our team are newbs. the other team has all played a little bit. (spyders and what not) i take out 2 players, my friend takes out 2. we figure theres 1 left. we were right. but we didn't know where he was so i went to hang my flag and got shot in the arse right as i hung the flag. no points for me. my friend got shot in the hopper and the newbies on the team got scared and ran and the guy with the spyder compact killed our entire team. needless to say, people thought he had an angel because he was so good, but it was a java spyder compact 2 in 1.

# 2
second game of the day at a field, (we missed the first game of the day because we had to cut our springs to lower our velocity), all newbies but 4 people out of 20. 2 on my team including me, 2 on the other team. (they just had stock spyders). we were VERY pumped up and were about to kick mad newbie arse. we our entire team ran to go around the other team (this was a very large field with woods and everything in it bout 3 acres total of field) and i see the guy on my team directly in front of me jump up, i figure its a stick so i keep following and jumped right after him.
I LANDED IN THE HOLE HE JUMPED OVER AND FELL. the elbow on my gun broke and my hopper fell off and the paint fell everywhere. my team left me to go get bunkers.
the other team saw me lying there and a kid with a mag shot me like six times in the leg. it didn't hurt cause he was far away but still. i had to buy a new elbow and missed that whole game.

DJSOLID
02-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Playing indoor this last Janruary, I had an embarrassing experience. There was a Dorito bunker (big and heavy styrofoam filled, not air) right up against the wall at the left 50. It has no mirror, so it's a key spot. I learned If I took a flying sort of a leap at it from one of the 30 vert pop cans I could wedge myself between it and the wall and have massive cover, while being able to lay fire on all of their right (my left) bunkers. Once you're in there - you present a super small target and it's nearly impossible to bunker you. This one particular time - the third time I tried this manuver that day - I jumped too high and found myself wedged in between the wall and the Dorito with my feet unable to touch the sand floor. My options were to push myself out and get shot at as I rolled out or stay there. That would've been fine, but after my hopper was emptied I couldn't slam my pods out 'cause my back was pressed to the wall. Here I am trying to keep their heads down with air and one of the guys at their 40 bunker realizes I'm not throwing any paint... eheh. He charges the bunker and when he hits it, it loosens from the wall and basically spins me over on my side with my feet sticking out, now I'm stuck sideways and totally got the bottoms and sides of my shoes painted from like point blank... that was the strangest way I've ever been eliminated. I stayed out of that Dorito spot the rest of the day. The embarrassing part is the ref had to push and pull on the bunker to help me get out. When I went back two weeks later they moved that big Dorito a couple of feet out from the wall.

XspyX
02-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DJSOLID
When I went back two weeks later they moved that big Dorito a couple of feet out from the wall.

*Laughing*

Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard. Must have been one hell of a way to get shot out eh?

animal
02-15-2002, 03:52 PM
It all started on a normal friday night at the local indoor field. I get there in my bright orange jersey and immediately hear newbies "i wanna be on his team". So later it comes to time chrono in, and they're all watching me pull out, set up my emag/warp and take to the chrono. After checking speed I sent off a string, you know, to fuel their imaginations. Only I forgot to turn on the rev :( So it was about 6 good fast shots, and 7 more chops. My nice orange/red mag is now dripping a crappy white paint color from the breech. Luckily my mask is red to hide my blush :)

Now the most embarrassing part of that, I've done it 4 times. Stupid rev.

covadsucks
02-15-2002, 04:48 PM
I was running up the tape line, jumped over a bunker and into a shallow wash. I tried to press myself tighter against the ground when a tarantula jumped onto my arm. Needless to say I jumped up and ran like mad to the dead box. I got shot from about five feet away in the nads running away from the damn spider. Needless to say the Spider won that game. Stupid tarantula.

AGDmagman2001
02-16-2002, 04:21 PM
Splat Max posting again under bro's name:rolleyes: :
All these were when I was young(in paintball) and stupid

So I'm behind this spool, and take out a pod, refill my hopper, and drop it and continue shooting, well, then I took off for another bunker, but I tripped on the tube I had thrown down, and fall flat on my face, to make it worse, there was a ref standing about 6 feet away.

Then another time, when I had a spyder, hooked up to a remote. I go up to the chrono, couple of newbies standing there, so I go up and fire, nothing, I had forgotten to cocker, and one of the newbs, says don't you need to cock it, I was embarres, so I cock and squeeze the trigger, bolt goes forward, I got forgotten to turn my remote on, so I was pretty embarressed.

another time like a month after I had started playing I was blind shooting around a bunker:eek: this ref, comes up and ask me if I'm shooting pink paint I say yes, he's got about 4-5 shots on his t-shirt and has his hand over his crotch. which was pink. But fortunatly he was nice about it when I appologized.

apache
02-16-2002, 05:25 PM
I've done so many stupid things in my years of playing but the "best" recent ones are:
- Bunkered an empty bunker in an indoor tournament almost at the other end of the field (if I had known it was empty, I could've instead taken out all opponents)
- In 3 consecutive games I tried to be real pro-ish and shoot while filling my loader with left hand. Too bad I never remembered open the loader lid. This again, in an indoor tournament with _lots_ of audience...

epterry
02-16-2002, 08:03 PM
so im at this bunker and its my first time to play with this nitro tank and my guns not rechargeing fast at all so i start to do a string and every ball is not going as far as the last one then i broke a ball this ref has been watching me the whole time he then comes over and twists my tank on the rest of the way,cleans my gun and gives it back to me. i say thanks to him end of story but i was rely embarest :)

steph3nlim
02-16-2002, 11:05 PM
well i was practcing with my friends and i run outta paint. so i take out a pod to reload. i flip the top and i didn't look at where i poured the paint. so while i was pouring the paint i was looking around for bogeys. and once i heard the paint stop, i look at my hopper and maybe 1-2 balls and i look at the ground and 150 paintballs just laying there. funny thing was, that was my last pod...

SlipknotX556
02-17-2002, 12:26 AM
well when we were playin a HUGE game at my field some of the ppl decided to rush the other team... well the failed and came runnin out of a passage and i had like 25 ppl i wuz captioning and as soon as i saw them come out i yelled "FIRE!!!!!" and i didnt kno if they were on my team.. then i discover they have arm bands on which meant they were on our team. :rolleyes:

TylerDurden
02-17-2002, 08:29 PM
My dad crouched down one time and split his pants wide open, it was hysterical.

the JoKeR
02-17-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by animal
Now the most embarrassing part of that, I've done it 4 times. Stupid rev.

The first time, I laughed. The second time, I though it'd be the last. The third time, it was unbelievable. I couldn't stand to watch the fourth! Notice I'm never on the chrono range with you anymore?:)

FedEx{SS}
02-18-2002, 12:12 AM
Hyperball, second time playing hyperball, I started to run to one of the pipes in the X, and slid, had an Autococker wit hinge trigger (meaning slightest pull and it shoots), had it aimed at my thigh, next to my (ahem), slid and landed, as i landed i accidently pulled the trigger, and Gosh did that hurt, luckly without Marballizers, LOL! :eek: