PDA

View Full Version : Duh Moments?

OPBN
04-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Maybe there have been tons of threads like this before, but what the heck.

So I was bored today and decided to play around with one of my newish toys while I still had some air left. After airing up and finally getting the reg set I screwed on a barrel, put some paint in and headed out to the back yard to unleash my less than awesome trigger walking abilities and fling some paint. I notice the first couple of shots are pretty wimpy and realized I had yet to chrono the marker so I go down to the basement to get it, then back out onto the deck. First couple of shots are 134, 133 and 134. Hmm. That doesnt seem right. So I head back in, grab the appropriate allen wrench and back out again. I turn it in, I turn it out, but no matter what I do it doesnt go above like 138 or so. I check the reg again, reset it a little higher, and the same thing. Now I'm starting to get a little pissed thinking that I bought a lemon and some dude is sitting halfway across the country laughing at me for buying his lemon, or orange since it's an orange Mini. So a couple of minutes go buy, a few more shots, more adjusting and then it dawns on me that it sounds a little different than I remember before. Hmm. I sit there staring at it for a few seconds admiring the color and how the gloss black Freak back highlights the gloss black accents. Man, it would look good if I had the polished silver insert in it....... Actually, it would probably chrono a whole lot better if I had ANY insert in it.

:tard:

Anyone willing to share, feel free.

Flatliner333
04-08-2011, 01:26 PM
That gives new meaning to the term "Freeballin"

georgeyew
04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I am shocked that the paintballs were not breaking in the barrel without any inserts. Glad that you didn't get a lemon. I have a matching orange Mini. I like the color too.

Hook
04-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Haha, gives a whole new meaning to barrel porting :D

Justus
04-08-2011, 02:03 PM
So you mean something other than putting in the ball detent backwards on a Tippmann A-5? :nono: :rofl:

SockMonkey
04-08-2011, 03:14 PM
its not paintball, but yesterday when I went out to grab lunch at work, I got abck in my car from the sandwich shop and my blazer wouldnt start. I turn the key everything powers up but not turning over nothing. Maybe the battery is dead? I have left the dome light on like twice this week causing a dead battery.... nope, volt meter in the dash saying its full and again everything it powering up... WHAT THE HELL COULD IT BE?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad: :cuss:

I forgot to put the damn thing in park, it was in reverse...

worst part??? My girlfriend was sitting in the passenger seat the whole time... :cool:

hill160881
04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Anyone here shoot the LPR out of there Angel? I have.lol

bigbthebenji
04-08-2011, 05:05 PM
On my old dm4.

I had used is a bunch of times and this weekend was going to be like any other. I take it out to use, put the tank on, screw in the asa, hopper, etc. Run out to the field, turn the gun on, game starts, NOTHING! What the hell? The gun was on, eyes were working etc. I guess that it was having bolt stick so I just decided to turn up the hpr until it gave enough to push through the bolt stick. I go, and I go, and I go, and still nothing. That is when I look and notice I forgot to air up the front on/off on the dm4. Too bad I forgot to turn the HPR down before airing it up. Unleashed the full force of the HPR and blew the noid.

hill160881
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Done similar to the same marker without the blown noid.

Smoothice
04-08-2011, 05:53 PM
At the first Clareball I loaned Clare my xmag. About 30 minutes later she brings it back and says it won't work. So I spend the next 30 minutes trying to figure out what is wrong with it. Disassemble the whole marker...put it back together. Finally notice the back sear blocking safety was on. Doh!

Shirow
04-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I once took the valve out of my mag while it was gassed up and shot the on/off into the forest

Amazingly enough, I found it

Drix
04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I have an old bob long torpedo reg that I got with a gun as a trade. I always found it annoying because the guage was in the back (towards the frame) and the macro line was in front. One day I decided to put things "right" and switched them. When I aired the gun back up it shot 400fps and no matter what I did would not change. Turns out the guage in avoids the regulator so that I was dumping full pressure into the gun.

dahoeb
04-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Back in 98ish, I was trouble shooting my first gun, a Spyder. I was having some velocity and chop issues with it. So I'm in my back yard, closely watching my the bolt cycle as I slowly fire rounds through it.

I was so focused on my marker, that I was completely oblivious to what was on the business end of the barrel and ended up giving my neighbors house a free (and unexpected) paintjob. Heck, I didn't even find out what I'd done until I got a knocking on my door later that day and my neighbor was there with a bag full of paintball fragments. :nono:

going_home
04-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Gassed up and the hopper is turned on but my mag still wont fire.
Yep, something is sure enough wrong with it,
Or it could be that darn safety.

Thats happened to me several times, especially when switching from an electronic
marker to a mech mag.

:ninja:

C_losjoker
04-09-2011, 01:31 AM
not paintball, but get in my car, star up like always. but damn thing wont go into gear. no matter what i try damn thing just shift. well duh forgot to push in the clutch. what i get for driving the wifes automatic for a week.

MeŠiCX
04-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Couple years ago, I was at an event in TX. Before I went down I bought a new lens for my Vents. Pulled of the interior and exterior protective films and installed new lens. Get out on the field and I'm like I can't see crap. Lens must be defective. Luckily there's a vendor there that would exchange it. He looks at it the lens, pulls off a THIRD protective film, and hands it back to me. Ya I said DUH!

Shirow
04-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Couple years ago, I was at an event in TX. Before I went down I bought a new lens for my Vents. Pulled of the interior and exterior protective films and installed new lens. Get out on the field and I'm like I can't see crap. Lens must be defective. Luckily there's a vendor there that would exchange it. He looks at it the lens, pulls off a THIRD protective film, and hands it back to me. Ya I said DUH!

Did this same thing with my E-Vents, didn't think there was so many damn protective coatings on there. The guy that I got it from even thought the lenses were bad. They should print THIS IS A FILM on it :p

MeŠiCX
04-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Did this same thing with my E-Vents, didn't think there was so many damn protective coatings on there. The guy that I got it from even thought the lenses were bad. They should print THIS IS A FILM on it :p

Most definitely! I've been through a few lens since and that one was the only one I've ever seen with a third film on it!

Justus
04-09-2011, 12:25 PM
its not paintball, but yesterday when I went out to grab lunch at work, I got abck in my car from the sandwich shop and my blazer wouldnt start. I turn the key everything powers up but not turning over nothing. Maybe the battery is dead? I have left the dome light on like twice this week causing a dead battery.... nope, volt meter in the dash saying its full and again everything it powering up... WHAT THE HELL COULD IT BE?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad: :cuss:

I forgot to put the damn thing in park, it was in reverse...

worst part??? My girlfriend was sitting in the passenger seat the whole time... :cool:

I've totally done this before. Usually happens when I turn the truck off before putting it in park, thus it's left in drive. One time it happened when I was sitting in my garage, and boy was I thankful of the safety feature then! lol