PDA

View Full Version : AGD website, tunaman still reliable?

nathanjones008
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Good evening to all. I am getting back into the game but i need some new stuff for my mag. i have not ordered from tunaman or AGD website in several years. Are these places still reliable to order mag stuff and have a decent turnaround? :rolleyes:

thanks

Drix
04-10-2011, 07:17 PM
AGD: My only dealings with them have been by phone but I found them to be curteous and prompt- I would call for anything I order just to give a heads up. I always get shipments sent out the same day, albeit shipping is a bit pricy.

Tuna: Tuna's the man, he's a bit slow in the communication departement but reliable. I would imagine an order placed here would ship within 48 hours of placement, although I've not ordered anything from him yet. Tuna's shipping prices seem more reasonable.

Bottom line: I would have no problem ordering from either site.

kwik175
04-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I placed an online order from AGD for an x valve, sear, and pin. It came in 7 days.

nathanjones008
04-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks. :clap:
I use to order from www.themagsmith.com but it looks as though everything is out of stock(it has been that way for some time)

aerosaaber
04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I've done an order or two with Tuna. Once I figured out what I wanted, he sent me an invoice, I paid and I think had my stuff within a couple days. Initial communication took a day or two, but once I got serious he got right back to me.

Tunaman
04-11-2011, 09:10 AM
I am here posting on the wifes computer. Mine is down for a recovery backup and should take a few more hours. I will be answering emails again as soon as it is done. Thanks.

nathanjones008
04-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks. I like to make a order from you in the very near future.
:clap:

Tunaman
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
OK. Just let me know. I lost all emails from 4/6-4/11 so if you sent me one please send it again. Thanks

nathanjones008
04-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! Just ordered a black Vert ULE body! :clap:

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
That would explain some of the communication issues I had with Tuna. I think I sent an email in that time period.

nathanjones008
04-29-2011, 06:20 PM
I want to give a shout out to AGD, tuna and the magsmith for helping with my recent purchases! I have a very nice/tuned up automag classic with some ULE upgrades! :clap:

Like i stated recently i have been out of the sport for awhile. I am wondering( i have asked the questions years ago) What is the state of paintball and also AGD? Since smart parts is out of the picture can AGD and others start producing electros like emags again? thanks. :shooting:

Drix
04-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Like i stated recently i have been out of the sport for awhile. I am wondering( i have asked the questions years ago) What is the state of paintball and also AGD? Since smart parts is out of the picture can AGD and others start producing electros like emags again? thanks. :shooting:

I'm not sure I'd be the person to talk to about the state of paintball and AGD, however, it seems that smartpart's intellectual proprety rights have been purchased by KEE Action Sports, as such I am doubtful that they would allow AGD to reproduce, or produce, a new gun.

In my opinion, as I've seen things, it looks like AGD does not have any desire to further its presence in the paintball world, but seems happy maintaining it's current selection of products and markers which is more than can be said for other manufacturers. (Try getting parts for a DM6 or older.) Most of the improvements to any AGD gun seem to be in full bloom here on AO however, and if you want someone to lighten up that UL body for you there is a guy who offers a carbon fiber upgrade.

Anyhow, thats my .02 on the matter, insert (dis)agreements here:

nathanjones008
04-29-2011, 07:53 PM
That is what it looks like. I made a few orders from AGD about three years back and the websight looks almost exactly the same! With the exception of them not making the automag/ mini mag and not lots of color options for the VERT ULE body i just bought.

However i am glad that they are still open and i can buy parts! :headbang:

It funny going to fields and most people (9 out of 10) Have never heard of a mag! :rofl:

Tunaman
04-29-2011, 08:20 PM
The quality is there and never gets old. Mags rock and you know it! :D

bumbabeef
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
That is what it looks like. I made a few orders from AGD about three years back and the websight looks almost exactly the same! With the exception of them not making the automag/ mini mag and not lots of color options for the VERT ULE body i just bought.

However i am glad that they are still open and i can buy parts! :headbang:

It funny going to fields and most people (9 out of 10) Have never heard of a mag! :rofl:
Ya its weird I was talking to a guy a little older then me (im 30) and for some reason he has never heard of automags but he said hes shot everything from bob longs to egos and so on.

nathanjones008
04-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Ya its weird I was talking to a guy a little older then me (im 30) and for some reason he has never heard of automags but he said hes shot everything from bob longs to egos and so on.

He is missing out! I just moved into jersey a few months back and the local field owner told me the AGD went under like many of the others. I had the honor of correcting him! :D

You are right tuna, Mags Rock! By the way i got your intelliframe! Thanks. :clap: