PDA

View Full Version : is there any interest in AGD TWIST LOCK(gun) to A5 THREAD (barrel)

LK-13
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Would anyone out there be interested in an AGD TWIST LOCK(gun) to A5 THREAD (barrel) adapter?
this would be similar to the others that have been offered over the years in AC threading only this time with A5 thread because there are just as many if not more barrels using the a5 threading now.

yes?
no?
maybe if...?

if there is enough interest I can make these easy enough.

paint magnet
04-13-2011, 08:51 PM
There aren't that many people using twistlock barrels.

I would imagine that most of the people that still use twist-lock do so because they already have a lot of barrels for that "thread" and don't have any desire to convert.

LK-13
04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
would there be more interest if it were AC threaded?
like the adapters that have come before...

LK-13
04-23-2011, 12:12 PM
hmmmmm....
I find the negative reaction odd.
Doc Nickel makes a run of these and people jump on it...
Is it you guys just don't know and or trust me?
I'm thinking of offering these gimmies at say, $5.00 to $10.00 depending on the numbers.
more = cheaper.

ahh well what ever.....

MANN
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Doc made them 10 years ago thus they were popular then.

sjrtk
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
it isn't a trust thing so don't worry about. Just not really something needed, now a minimag style ule body i would be all over.

DoubleDutch
04-23-2011, 02:12 PM
hmmmmm....
I'm thinking of offering these gimmies at say, $5.00 to $10.00 depending on the numbers.
more = cheaper.

ahh well what ever.....

At that price I would probably take 2 AC threaded adapters.

Drix
04-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I think most of us older players aren't using tippmann's anymore so we don't have the barrels, and I don't feel like the thread is well supported for some of the nicer barrels.. The AC thread would be more useful as it opens a bigger variety of barrels.

Not having a twistlock barrel anymore however forces me to vote "no"

SockMonkey
04-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I know a AC adapter sold of ebay a week ago or so for $40 or more.

So I'd imagine if you made these a threw a couple on ebay they'd sell, and I am sure you'd get a good number of people around here and mcb and other places to bite.

Hobbez
04-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I was one of the few who voted yes. With woodsball and milsim surging up in popularity again, thats putting Tippmann in a great position. They really have a lot of market on new players and the milsim / crazy upgrade type folks. You look carefully, you'll see almost every new barrel that comes on the market is available in A5 thread. I also don't see why there isnt a market for these. Hell, for $10, I'd buy 2.

sjrtk
04-24-2011, 10:19 AM
For a fair price i would buy 2 in ac thread but no interest in A5, i have twistkocks and i have AC thread. My Pro Carbine is the only non 98 thread tippmann (after all A5's are really Pro Carbine threads). So i have one barrel for that and no real need for more.

need4reebs
04-24-2011, 10:50 AM
hmmmmm....
more = cheaper.

ahh well what ever.....

hey man ill take 2 twistlock to AC thread adapters! when will they be done?

LK-13
04-27-2011, 11:07 AM
hey man ill take 2 twistlock to AC thread adapters! when will they be done?

well unless I get enough people interested or a big enough number of units ordered
I'm not even going to bother.
based on $10.00 each + shipping so an estimated $15.00 for one shipped + $10.00 for each additional after that...

I would need an order for 25 pieces to make it worth buying the material and the little bit of tooling needed.

TwilightG
04-27-2011, 11:48 AM
maybe consider starting a new poll if you decide to do AC threads instead. the results are based on A5 which is probably the biggest reason for the majority of "No"s

I'd probably get a TL-AC adapter if you made them.

Spider-TW
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
maybe consider starting a new poll if you decide to do AC threads instead. the results are based on A5 which is probably the biggest reason for the majority of "No"s

I'd probably get a TL-AC adapter if you made them.
I know less than a handful of A5/Automag players, and not being one, I didn't vote.

It would be fun to see a flatline automag though.

sjrtk
04-27-2011, 07:57 PM
I know less than a handful of A5/Automag players, and not being one, I didn't vote.

It would be fun to see a flatline automag though.

Yes, Yes it would but not enough for me to buy an adapter.

Justus
04-28-2011, 09:21 AM
TL to AC threads at $15 shipped, I'd buy one. If you made a short run of TL to A5 threads, I'd take one of those at $10 extra too. It's good to have options as long as "having options" isn't too expensive. That's why I haven't gotten a Doc's or Noxx TL to AC threaded adapter before.

How close to 25 commitments are we?

93klauss
04-28-2011, 10:03 AM
I understand that most barrels now are made A5 or AC, Is thier any advantage? Besides a little weight or a brand new barrel?

kcombs9
04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I understand that most barrels now are made A5 or AC, Is thier any advantage? Besides a little weight or a brand new barrel?

some might argue that a A5 thread takes less time to unscrew so you can clean it on the field if required faster then with AC thread.

One of the advantages of a TL barrel.

IMO I see no point in making a A5 to TL adapter, only cause I know of no barrel in A5 that is that much better then any barrel in AC.

But I don't really have a dog in this fight cause I use ULE body's so I don't even have a TL body.

C_losjoker
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I would be down for 2 AC ones.

C_losjoker
04-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Any chance you be up to doing short freak tips, 1 to 2 inch long?

going_home
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Any chance you be up to doing short freak tips, 1 to 2 inch long?

Plain jane cocker threaded Freak backs without any of the Smart Parts markings might be something that would sell too.

;)

p8ntbal4me
04-29-2011, 05:24 AM
I would love a ULE body with larger pitched threads like the old angel barrels or something like a NXT shocker.

Reason - its a nice feature to remove your barrel in a few short turns AND have a vision system in the breech.

I'd love for someone to take a twistlock body and barrel and drill them both for eyes.

Any takers?

Zone Drifter
04-30-2011, 07:37 AM
I'd take an A5 threaded adaptor, mainly because BT makes the apex barrel standard in those threads and I still use my RT's with the steel bodies. I do like the ease of removal of a twist lock, but the ability to add anything bt/A5 threaded is a good advantage for scenario/woodsballers.

C_losjoker
05-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Is that a no on the short tips???

OoteR
05-05-2011, 07:35 PM
I'd go for an AC threaded one..

Have AC barrels for.. my AC's.. would be nice to put the freak kit on my mag.. can't find a twist lock mag adapter anywhere.