PDA

View Full Version : Max Flow Help

gonzo01
04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I bought a Smart Parts Max Flow Reg and need some help.
I beleive the one I got is actually a low pressure unit and I wanted a high pressure.
My question is, Can I convert it over to high pressure, and if so, where can I get parts to do so?
Next problem is when I look at a picture off the manual, ther is a pressure gauge where the air fill should be and another guage where the air out put should be and visa versa???
Is this a problem??
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ando
04-15-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing this is an older style MaxFlow? Yes you can convert it. It's basically just a main spring change. As for parts. Look around, the internet is a wonderful thing. ;) I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

Lastly, it doesn't mater what side the gauges and nipple is on. They can be swapped to either side on both the regulated and HP side of the regulator. It all comes down to preference.

gonzo01
04-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm guessing this is an older style MaxFlow? Yes you can convert it. It's basically just a main spring change. As for parts. Look around, the internet is a wonderful thing. ;) I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

Lastly, it doesn't mater what side the gauges and nipple is on. They can be swapped to either side on both the regulated and HP side of the regulator. It all comes down to preference.

Thanks for the info.
I'll start looking

shooter311
04-15-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.zdspb.com/store/used_maxflo.html

I think this guy is the Tuna of the Smart Parts world. I have ordered a bunch of parts off him for some old SP stuff and he ships fast and is pretty fair with questions.