PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use a Special Ops TW2 Stock?

luke
04-16-2011, 03:38 PM
http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/special-ops-t2w-stock.html

I've been asked to make a replacement mount that will allow you to mount the stock directly to the back of your rail. At this point I don’t know if it’s even worth the time to design so we’ll start here to guage interest in the project.

It would mount exactly like the RTP ASA under your valve assembly.

It would require a slot or two recessed screw holes in the back of the rail.

The stock would mount to the replacement bracket exactly like the Special Ops bracket.

The only modification would be to your rail.

The mount would look something like this>

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/CIMG3780.jpg?t=1302986282

Special Ops Mount>
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/CIMG3785.jpg?t=1302986281

So would anyone be interested in getting in on a preorder?

sjrtk
04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I have used one for a short time untill the remote line fragged on me. They are ok there could be changes (mounting options) but they work. I would be more interested in this bracket to use as a base for my own stock though. How much would this cost?

rifleman wi
04-16-2011, 03:45 PM
i love it, im in :cheers:

Dark Side
04-16-2011, 04:16 PM
I have and still occasionally do use mine. It's a better setup than the Longbow stock in my opinion because it raises the marker to a better firing position. While using the Longbow, I hated having to crank my neck over while having the stock securely shouldered; but to each their own.

Edit:

The high setup as shown gave me problems like the Longbow. Mine is and always will be "low and long".

luke
04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
I would be more interested in this bracket to use as a base for my own stock though. How much would this cost?

lol, I dont have a clue, that depends on how many people want one.

I've spent enough time on this project to make a paper bracket template and take a picture. If I sell two of them they wont be cheap. ;)

MAGpie
04-16-2011, 06:03 PM
I have and still occasionally do use mine. It's a better setup than the Longbow stock in my opinion because it raises the marker to a better firing position. While using the Longbow, I hated having to crank my neck over while having the stock securely shouldered; but to each their own.

Edit:

The high setup as shown gave me problems like the Longbow. Mine is and always will be "low and long".

With this, I agree.

Luke, think you can drop the stock abother inch?
Anyhow, pending price, I think I may just be intrested in one :D

Hobbez
04-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Considering how hard these are to find (been trying to buy one for almost a year now) id rather see this same idea that would let you use a5 or m98 stocks instead. These are numerous and cheap and there would be a large market for them IMO

luke
04-16-2011, 06:33 PM
This project or design is not my idea, it was brought to me by a member here, and so it’s not me that needs convincing to make changes in the design, I don’t care one way or another. ;)

I’m not opposed to making other brackets as long as we can fill an order.

Zone Drifter
04-17-2011, 10:18 PM
That would be perfect for a build I am doing, but special ops doesn't even sell the stock anymore, so you would have to get it used for this to even be worth it.

Edit: at least i don't THINK they'll be selling anymore. I hope they do.

doc_Zox
04-17-2011, 11:07 PM
the rumor mill says 4-6 weeks on a new t2w stock from Spec ops

luke
04-18-2011, 09:13 AM
If anyone wants one for this stock, this design, better do it now and not in three days.

luke
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
This is what I'm making, its to customer spec.>>

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/TW2StockMount.jpg?t=1303182869

If you want one LMK before tomorrow, I'm not making extras; this is more of a favor than anything. :)

If you guys want something different I will be more than happy to make it, we just need to do a small batch. Get it before my limits go up, right now I'm doing it just for practice on my CNC mill, I promise that will change.

KurtPB
04-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe thread the bracket for adjustable stocks like what's on some Tippmann's? Would make for a lot more stock options on the 'mag.

bumbabeef
04-21-2011, 01:17 AM
I think I'm in depending on price

luke
04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
bumbabeef, this one is over, no one really seemed interested so it was scrapped.

If you guys want something specific, come up with a design everyone is interested in and I’ll do a pre order and make the parts.

bumbabeef
04-21-2011, 10:19 AM
luke you think you can come up with a stock. lots of people are looking for a noxx stock or t2w.

luke
04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Not anytime soon, if at all, sorry.

SSP-SheiK
04-22-2011, 04:37 AM
That would be perfect for a build I am doing, but special ops doesn't even sell the stock anymore, so you would have to get it used for this to even be worth it.

Edit: at least i don't THINK they'll be selling anymore. I hope they do.

i emailed them a while ago because i wanted one for my pump project, and (whoever) said they will be available in a week or so.. the project fell by the wayside and so did my will to order one... long story short you can still get them new.. but just to be on the safe side, your best bet is to email them and find out for sure...

Thanna
04-23-2011, 03:02 AM
Too bad it was scrapped. I would have been interested in one or two.

Joelus Morolus
05-01-2011, 06:17 PM
i emailed SpecOps about the T2W specifically. my email read "Are hard goods - specifically the gas through T2W stock going to be available again?"

their reply was "hard goods will be in production shortly"

answers the rumors, but not specifcally concerning the T2W or a timeframe, etc.

just gotta watch the Spec Ops store like a hawk... :ninja:

Sueypaintballer
05-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Luke what if you made holes in the back of the block adapter so all a5 x7s could be mounted... I have no dobt more would want it

luke
05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
If you guys want something specific, come up with a design everyone is interested in and I’ll do a pre order and make the parts.

;)