PDA

View Full Version : a few questions...

magtard13
04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
im almost done with my automag. i have a ule body w/feedneck, rpg vert trigger frame, a classic rail, vertical asa, reg, drop forward w/ asa on/off, x valve w/ springs and assembly, ult, barrel, hopper, sear...uuhhh i think i have a sear pin, if not, i'll need one... air tank...

i know i need the macroline and fittings. i know i need a field strip screw. what else do i need? also, i was wondering... what is the best (fastest) firing set up with what i have or need? would a rt sear be better than the classic? i dont want a pneu or e trigger. i want it all mechanical. so what would be my very best option?

any advice and info would be most appreciated. thankyou

magtard13
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
i know i need to take out the twist lock assembly from the rail also.

OPBN
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
If you are using a standard AM/MM rail, you can only use a standard sear. An RT sear will not work. As for what you need, is sounds like you are still missing a rail bushing and bolt to hold the whole thing together.

magtard13
04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
is the rail bushing the little copper cylinder at the back of the rail where the field strip screw goes in? if so, i have that on my rail already.

magtard13
04-28-2011, 11:39 PM
If you are using a standard AM/MM rail, you can only use a standard sear. An RT sear will not work. As for what you need, is sounds like you are still missing a rail bushing and bolt to hold the whole thing together.

would it be a faster easier trigger pull with an RT sear and rail assembly along with the ult? or will the ult with the classic just as fast?

magtard13
04-28-2011, 11:50 PM
is the rail bushing the little copper cylinder at the back of the rail where the field strip screw goes in? if so, i have that on my rail already.

btw, i also already have the screw that goes through the trigger frame in the front to hold it together, just dont have the field strip screw for the back of the trigger frame to the valve. so is that all im missing?

rawbutter
04-29-2011, 09:39 AM
It sounds like you're just missing that back field strip screw.

A ULT will give you the lightest trigger pull, and it doesn't matter what rail/sear you're using. The ULT operates completely independently of all that, and if you have a classic rail, you need to use a classic sear. The RT seat uses a screw-in pin, whereas a classic rail uses a drop in pin. I'm not sure they're interchangeable.

You mentioned you have a reg, though. Not sure how you're planning on using it, but mags don't need regulators. There's already one built in to the back of the valve, and putting on two might starve your gun. Maybe you're just planning on using it as a foregrip. If that's the case, make sure it's completely open.

Oh.... and post pics. :D We don't like talking about a gun we can't see.

magtard13
04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
It sounds like you're just missing that back field strip screw.

A ULT will give you the lightest trigger pull, and it doesn't matter what rail/sear you're using. The ULT operates completely independently of all that, and if you have a classic rail, you need to use a classic sear. The RT seat uses a screw-in pin, whereas a classic rail uses a drop in pin. I'm not sure they're interchangeable.

You mentioned you have a reg, though. Not sure how you're planning on using it, but mags don't need regulators. There's already one built in to the back of the valve, and putting on two might starve your gun. Maybe you're just planning on using it as a foregrip. If that's the case, make sure it's completely open.

Oh.... and post pics. :D We don't like talking about a gun we can't see.

well thats a relief... i've been collecting all the pieces and parts i need for some time now. the anticipation and excitement of finishing this gun has been long awaited. and just in time for summer!
i know they dont need regs, but cant you still use one? im looking for max air efficiency.

oh.... trust me, i cant wait to post pics! once this baby's assemled, i'll be very happy to post a few pics of her. ;)

thanks a lot for the help! :headbang:

rawbutter
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
If you want max air efficiency, you bought the wrong gun. :p Mags are notorious air hogs, and adding a reg to the system won't help. It won't harm anything, per say, but you're not going to get good performance. If you're not letting at least 750 psi through the reg, it could affect the velocity and ROF.

I can't help but think that this is one of the reasons why Mags are not popular speedball guns. I mean, I can get about 800-900 shots max from my 68/4500 tank, which is more than enough for my needs (I play woodsball mostly, and I have a SCUBA tank for refills). If I were playing speedball on a regular basis, though, and shooting through half a case per game, I'd probably get tired of running out of air all the time and get something else.

Why are you so concerned with air efficiency anyway? Do you just want an efficient gun for the sake of it, or is air tough to come by in your neck of the woods?

magtard13
04-29-2011, 11:07 PM
If you want max air efficiency, you bought the wrong gun. :p Mags are notorious air hogs, and adding a reg to the system won't help. It won't harm anything, per say, but you're not going to get good performance. If you're not letting at least 750 psi through the reg, it could affect the velocity and ROF.

I can't help but think that this is one of the reasons why Mags are not popular speedball guns. I mean, I can get about 800-900 shots max from my 68/4500 tank, which is more than enough for my needs (I play woodsball mostly, and I have a SCUBA tank for refills). If I were playing speedball on a regular basis, though, and shooting through half a case per game, I'd probably get tired of running out of air all the time and get something else.

Why are you so concerned with air efficiency anyway? Do you just want an efficient gun for the sake of it, or is air tough to come by in your neck of the woods?

well i just would prefer an air efficient mag if at all possible. i play mainly speedball and dont NEED to shoot 900 shots per game at all, i just like the idea of being able to with no worries.