PDA

View Full Version : How many Automags do we have in Europe

unived micindev
04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Just wondering how many automags are still in Europe...

Me and my teamates have 6 babies, 3 of them directly from AO
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ga828KYoyNo/TbtTpHCHqUI/AAAAAAAAAuc/i3fLqEKjUaw/DSC04164-02-02.jpg

2 classics
1 minimag
1 RT/PRO
1 ULE
1 Tac-One

MingusX
04-30-2011, 05:29 AM
I've got 2.
Minimag
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x208/mingusx/minimag.jpg

Ulmag
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x208/mingusx/ulemagv4.jpg

unived micindev
04-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Thats it? Only 2 guys in Europe? huh, expected more :(

Ando
04-30-2011, 09:33 PM
I know of 6 other people on the other side of the pond but I'm sure they don't frequent the forums too much...

OPBN
05-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah, not everyone that plays paintball is addicted to the interwebs.

longi
05-02-2011, 03:34 AM
I have 2 Mags and almost enough parts for another 2, I just lack the rails! My friend has an Emag too. I played the Big Game yesterday (England) and there were a handfull of loyalists there too. There is still a user base here but it is gradually shrinking. I still refuse to use anything other than a Mag as I don't see the point. It's perfect for me, so if it ain't broke...

Spider-TW
05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
There's a few Finns as well.

I'm looking for some of those euro-hi-rise bodies and the euro x-mags.

unived micindev
05-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Yeah, not everyone that plays paintball is addicted to the interwebs.

true, but i thought there will be more anyway...

There's a few Finns as well.

I'm looking for some of those euro-hi-rise bodies and the euro x-mags.

I think there is more euroX's back in US than in Europe...

To be honest, Automag is a kind of gem here in central Europe, I haven't seen them around for a few years, me or my teamates bought every mag that showed in local classifieds and there wasn't much of them. I've heard that few of them was imported in Czech republic back in nineties, but I've lost track of most of them, I saw one in Austria few years ago...ppl around don't even know what automag is and that is shame.

longi
05-03-2011, 02:40 AM
It's the same story in the UK, most people have never seen a Mag except for a few old school paintballers like myself. You do get the odd whippersnapper that turns up with a Mag. There was a fair few people that asked me 'what is that marker?'

unived micindev
05-03-2011, 03:26 AM
I've always thought that UK is still strong base for mags thanks to AGD Europe. Sadly, even oldschool paintballers over here do not know mags. When our team shows up on tourney, people looks at us as freaks.

Bolter
05-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Im in the UK and good friends with the old AGDEurope guys. There are plenty of mags around, loads and loads of them. Problem is, they just arent used, and are sitting in garages across the country gathering dust. It is a shame really.

longi
05-03-2011, 03:08 PM
It sure is. The big game on Sunday was a sea of Ego's, Geo's, Dye's, Proto's and Tippy's. I didn't see one Cocker user all day, and only a couple of Mag users. I did see a double barrelled pump though used by some brave soul! Those Bt's also seem to be catching on too. I think you might be right about alot of Mags being left in garages to catch dust, I spoke to a couple of people that said they had one but it was at home. The philistines! Ha!

Tombola
05-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Prices for used Mags and Cockers dropped way earlier in Germany than in the US. Which shows that people lost interest in the guns earlier. During that period i collected round about 10 Mags, a cocker and a typhoon (which is extremely rare in Germany).

I think today we have a slightly increasing interest in "old" guns. One can see higher prices for collectible guns, and younger players are buying old guns just out of curiosity. People are playing pumps again, and a friend of mine is starting to organize oldschool gun events. Here and there people asking where to buy new mags.

On the other hand the group of custom/highend mag owners is still small and will stay small. Thats because its only halflegal/illegal to import gun parts to Germany (why ever) :shooting: I know some, and some of them are veeery crazy:-)

redlaser666
05-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Im here in Germany and I have 2 Mags, although I only have 10 month left in my Overseas tour so it may not count.

My friend uwe-uli is a local an he has 6 really nice Mags to include an Xmag that I helped Import.

Waffleman
05-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I just sold a Gold/Copper Emag to someone in France two weeks ago.

swe_crazy
01-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Well I have...
Automag Rt with Intelliframe with Revolution.
Automag Rt pro with ULE trigger, ULE body, x-valve, and its warp feeded.
Automag 68.
I am awaiting an Automag Tac-One which is on its way to Sweden from the U.S. ...
To Be Continued ... Can not .... resist ... Automags ... :tard:

Maghog
01-07-2012, 03:52 PM
The Mag regulator adjustment used to be welded into a fixed position in Germany in the 90's, so the strict velocity regulations could be upheld. Looking on some of the forums over here, there's a fair amount of Mag parts floating around. I know the French were quite fanatic about paintball already in the 90's and it's safe to think that they would have purchased Mags and Cockers in abundance.
I bet there's somewhere between 2-3000 of them over here in Europe easily, if not more. Only a couple hundred are still being used though. Maybe I'm wrong, but there are a lot of people who don't follow American forums and the like.
I guess we'll never really know.
Dan@Triggernomics

maverick13
01-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi guys,

You can add mines, located in the south of France !

At this time, I have :

1 Classic
1 Minimag
1 RT classic
1 RT ule
1 Emag
1 sydarm
1 classic / body low rise / autoresponse (actually with some valve issues !)

In project :
Very soon : 1 "RPG"
Later : 1 "blue ule"

bound for glory
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
i sold both of my micro mags to a guy in finland. got good $$, too. always thought it was way too cold to play up there. :confused: