PDA

View Full Version : Micromag Sear Assembly q's

stircrazzzy
05-01-2011, 07:40 AM
So, I have the sear assembly in the micromag body. Are there supposed to be washers or something to hold it in the center? It is very flimsy and bounces around like crazy. It seems as though it should be in the middle, held with washers or springs or something...?

Also, I have an M90 frame on the micro body. The front screw holding the frame to the body seems too long...it isn't bottomed out when I screw it in but it hits the rotating breech in the body. Is there a different screw that I'm supposed to be using? Right now I have washers in there to let it bottom out and it looks like garbage.

Thanks!

OPBN
05-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Are you using an RT Pro sear? If not, you should be. As for the screw, you can shorten it. I typically find a matching nut for it, screw the nut on and then grind the screw to the length you need. When you take the nut off after you are done it helps to straighten and clean the threads out.

stircrazzzy
05-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I think I'm using an original am/mm sear. I see the pics of the rt sears and they appear to have some kind of bushings on the sides where the pin goes through.

I am going to hook up my dremel and grind away at that stupid screw lol. I guess that's just common sense, but thanks :)

sjrtk
05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I solved the screw problem with the parts box full of different lengths available at your local hardware store. You need the rt sear .

Tunaman
05-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I solved the screw problem with the parts box full of different lengths available at your local hardware store. You need the rt sear .
RT sears will not fit in some Micromag bodies. I have ground off part of that bushing to make them fit.

OPBN
05-01-2011, 06:38 PM
RT sears will not fit in some Micromag bodies. I have ground off part of that bushing to make them fit.
It's an MM2K9 body.