PDA

View Full Version : On/off orings

93klauss
05-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Ok guys , hope you can help. When I got my Xvalve, the top two orings on the on/off, the outer oring was white the inner was black and looked more like a washer than an oring. Which since been misplaced at high speed!!oops. From the exploded view of the xvalve the orings on the top of the xvalve are white.

Replaced them, with the white orings and major leak down the barrel. when pulling the trigger and when not. So it I would think it is the on off.

Also when I take apart the on/off with the new orings the on/off pin stays with the top orings. Are these the right orings? do they need time to break in? What was the black oring I started with? Possibly come from an rt parts kit?

Should I be buying a xvalve parts kit, or the RT parts kit?

Have the xvzlve parts kit.

Thanks

Ando
05-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Buy an X-Valve parts kit. That kit has lvl 10 orings that you'll need later down the road.

As for your on/off orings. The inner black one was probably a quad oring. Did it look like this?

http://www.automagsuk.com/otherimages/quad.JPG

They're usually used on E-Mags...

Since you replaced it with a standard oring. I'm betting that you have a E-Mag on/off pin (.712) installed and not a standard mech pin (.750). The Quad oring seals higher up the pin which was keeping it from leaking. Once you installed the standard oring which seals lower in the pin. That's probably what's causing your leak.

The urethane orings will usually turn brown but i've seen some go white. It happens after age.

To verify where the leak is coming from. Air up the marker, pull the trigger and hold it down. If it continues to leak then it's your on/off oring but usually if it continues to leak like your saying, it's the larger of the 2 so you'll have to do some investigating but if it it stops then it's your lvl 10.

Remove the valve and re-ck for proper installation of components or oring placement in which ever one that's leaking.

Edit...

...and yes, the oring sticking on the on/off pin is typical.

93klauss
05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Anyone know the length of the pin t=in the ULE kit?

Or where to get a quad oring?

Thx

hill160881
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Tuna has them

shooter311
05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Ok guys , hope you can help. When I got my Xvalve, the top two orings on the on/off, the outer oring was white the inner was black and looked more like a washer than an oring. Which since been misplaced at high speed!!oops. From the exploded view of the xvalve the orings on the top of the xvalve are white.

Replaced them, with the white orings and major leak down the barrel. when pulling the trigger and when not. So it I would think it is the on off.

Also when I take apart the on/off with the new orings the on/off pin stays with the top orings. Are these the right orings? do they need time to break in? What was the black oring I started with? Possibly come from an rt parts kit?

Should I be buying a xvalve parts kit, or the RT parts kit?

Have the xvzlve parts kit.

Thanks

I have a standard pin, that I would trade you for an emag pin. Pm me if you are looking for a normal length one.