PDA

View Full Version : which way to go?

madcrisis
05-03-2011, 03:16 PM
well before i ask my question i should give you guys a little back ground. i have 2 mag set ups. one is a pneumag and the other is just a warped mech mag. I have one valve for both set ups which is now a SS rt valve.

so now my question would be is it worth having the valve drilled so it can accept a ult? i havent tested it without a ult in the pneumag set up to see if it will even work. anyone have any past experiences along these lines? i will test it myself when i get the time but it i know it will not work i wont waste that time waiting to check. I know im going to get the usual responses of its only worth it if you think so but im just looking for a general concesus and if the pneumatics will function with the standard on/off in there.

also who does the drilling? can it be done myself? if not how much is it usually?

as for the mech set up i like the feel of both different on/offs depending on how im playing so going back and forth would be nice but it is not a necessity

athomas
05-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Having the valve drilled gives you more options. Without the on-off drilled out you only have the option of the standard rt on-off assembly. With it drilled you can add the ULT at any time and still use the rt on-off if you want.

Can you drill it out yourself? Yes, but you need to have a fairly stiff drill press setup to prevent side ways action. You will need a 3/8" (I think its 3/8, better check for sure) endmill cutter and you will need to precisely control the depth of your cut.

Pneumagger
05-03-2011, 04:12 PM
ULT is not needed for pneumag. Just something else to have to tune and worry about causing chuffing.

Spider-TW
05-03-2011, 04:18 PM
The ULT reset can be a problem for a pneu setup. Depending on how much lever you left on the MSV-2, you may not even feel much of a difference, assuming your pneu LPR will work right at about 20 psi with a ULT.

ULTs can certainly work in a pneu, but I prefer to work around the RT. If your mech setup has a double trigger, you might get a real advantage from the ULT. Other than that, I wouldn't pay the price of the end mill to make the conversion.

Save your money and buy another valve. ;)