PDA

View Full Version : Adhesives

Drix
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Anyone know anything that will bond delrin to the inside of a carbon fiber tube? I have a front grip that I had the pieces to make but I can't seem to get them to stick...

I've tried 2 part epoxy and PVC glue. PVC worked fairly well because of its rubber texture, epoxy was a joke.

p_bpat
05-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Have you tried to sand a portion of the inside of your carbon tube? Perhaps sand it and use a good quality super glue (as long as its not weight bearing).
Pat.

Hobbez
05-05-2011, 07:36 PM
use a gel cyanoacrylate based glue. Basically super glue, but not the cheap crap you get at walmart. At the very least, use loktite brand, but BCI makes the best in the industry. You can find it at hobby shops.

Drix
05-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Have you tried to sand a portion of the inside of your carbon tube? Perhaps sand it and use a good quality super glue (as long as its not weight bearing).
Pat.

Yeah, not only have I roughed it up with sand paper but I even went as far as cutting some threads and roughing it up on the lathe. It's not a weight bearing part per say but it does end up with pressure and a wee bit of torque from normal play- This is for a DIY front grip using some stock I had kicking around.

kill-n-spree
05-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Delrin is self lubricating and I don't thing you will find anything to bond with it.