PDA

View Full Version : Just showing off, a little comparison.

Deus Machina
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4307/dscn1026z.jpg

Original classic reg half versus a little time on the lathe. :cool:

More in the misc. B/S/T section. :D

spece108
05-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Perfect for dieting classic valves. Has anyone compared co2 performance using a capped valve?

skipdogg
05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
What are the actual weight differences? Loosing weight on the AGD reg, but gaining it on an external reg. Has anyone compared?

OPBN
05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
What are the actual weight differences? Loosing weight on the AGD reg, but gaining it on an external reg. Has anyone compared? I don't have a small scale, but the BL reg that I am using doesnt weigh much more than a bike grip. Take into consideration that you are also most likely shortening the rail and there is definitely some weight savings. We're not talking pounds here, but there is a difference.

Frizzle Fry
05-06-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm with OBPN, most people are using a foregrip anyway. Most of those foregrips are solid, or gasthru, but either way there's a lot of aluminum. The difference between that weight and a the weight of a standard grip is usually negligible, especially if you're going from an older classic mag foregrip to a modern regulator.

SockMonkey
05-06-2011, 12:13 PM
what about people rockin regs like AA raptors and stuff. Cant they just use that adjustable reg for the reg? Thats like having an automag regulated automag.

OPBN
05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
what about people rockin regs like AA raptors and stuff. Cant they just use that adjustable reg for the reg? Thats like having an automag regulated automag.
You could, but not sure you would see much weight savings. The part of the Raptor reg that screws into the tank is made of SS and is going to be heavier than say a Ninja regulator.