PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE leaking

keyk17
05-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey guys, I just received a brand new ULE Custom from Tunaman. It's as pretty as can be, but I ran into a problem as soon as I gassed it up.

It seems to be leaking from the seal that goes into the valve (or somewhere in the valve itself). After this leaked for a few seconds, my tank started venting air from the asa. Since my tank (crossfire high pressure 68ci 4500psi) had issues, I tried my friend's (same specs, only centerflag) to see if that made a difference. The marker didn't leak at all, but as soon as I pulled the trigger, it fired twice and began to leak air down the barrel at a pretty quick rate.

Does this sound like something is wrong with the tank(s)? On a side note, my friend then screwed his tank into his RT Pro and it worked fine. Maybe the rt's velocity is up too high?

I need to troubleshoot this baby tonight because I am definitely taking it out to the field tomorrow! I've emailed Tuna but thought I'd post on here as well to hear your diagnosis.

Thank you all for the help!

xero28
05-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Did you put any oil in it?

keyk17
05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I didn't place any oil in it; I thought that Tuna had tested it. If he didn't, then yeah, I suppose it could use a great deal of oiling. I'll keep it in mind while I wait to hear from him. Thanks!

georgeyew
05-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Just put 6-10 drops of oil in while you are waiting for Tuna. Most likely that will seal up the leak.

keyk17
05-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Where should I place the oil--all of the major o rings, or just the asa?

Pneumagger
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
You can take it apart or just put in the ASA.
Personally, I like to disassemble everything and lube orings individually.

keyk17
05-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Internals have been lubed and it seems to be better--I also think the marker just needs a bit of a break-in period, so it will just take some time.

I definitely see a new ASA in my future though!

Pneumagger
05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Try a smaller level 10 spacer.